Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Banned

HOLD UP!

A black dude just said "cool beans" to me in an email.

I do believe this is a historic first.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and there's a lot of ex-cons in landscaping jobs for a practical reason

Do you think the state needs to intervene? Is it a sufficiently widespread problem?
One hundred percent of the presidential candidates dino has voted for in the last decade have been child abusers who partied with Epstein on his underage sex plane but you don't see me pointing it out at every possible opportunity.
Old 02-10-2023, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know the breakdown based on identity/sexual orientation, but 30% of all child abusers are teachers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah and there's a lot of ex-cons in landscaping jobs for a practical reason

Do you think the state needs to intervene? Is it a sufficiently widespread problem?
are you saying its practical to have child abusers as teachers?
Old 02-10-2023, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Women are simply lower in the intersectional pecking order now, even though JK Rowling checks every mega-lib box there is outside of this issue. Doesn't matter.

It goes roughly like this: Women are important and all, but men pretending to be women are *more* important! Because if you leave me I'll kill myself! Oops sorry, I meant "affirm me or I'll kill myself!!" and society obliges, like an emotionally abused spouse.

Our collective insanity knows no bounds.
Has the thought ever entered any of your minds that the people doing this are doing it on purpose, to get on the news and inside your head? They want this reply, the want to deepen the divide. Its easier that way to keep the nation split if one side thinks the other is barely human.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you saying its practical to have child abusers as teachers?
No I am saying if you had predatory intent you would choose a thing that gives you access to the thing you prey on.

Nobody has proven that gay or trans or whatever teachers commit these supposed crimes at a greater rate than hetero or cisgender people.

So, until someone does THAT, people will correctly interpret the attempts to paint all gay or trans people who happen to be in teaching as 'groomers' to be bigotry. Same old conservative shit.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
So, until someone does THAT, people will correctly interpret the attempts to paint all gay or trans people who happen to be in teaching as 'groomers' to be bigotry. Same old conservative shit.
I've never heard a conservative make that specific argument though.

It was about teachers grooming period. Nothing to do the teacher's orientation. 99% of these teachers are straight.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:45 PM
Banned

Then why are you fellas only linking articles featuring gay or trans people?

For people who decry the mainstream media and its toxic influence on society, you're sure carrying their water
Old 02-10-2023, 02:47 PM
Banned

What’s probably more of an influence, albeit a more subtle one, is the fact that education is still like 70%+ female it seems (as someone who goes into a lot of schools in my job)

Now any teacher of any gender can make a positive impact on a student, but there are some students who due to their personality or home life just vibe better with a male teacher (skill being equal for comparison) vs female and that simply isn’t an option at many schools

Why there is not a greater push for equality in education like there is for more females in STEM confuses me
Old 02-10-2023, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Then why are you fellas only linking articles featuring gay or trans people?

For people who decry the mainstream media and its toxic influence on society, you're sure carrying their water
Because it's straight people pushing that narrative.

That's why you see it included.

And the only mainstream media that barely covers the topic is Fox News.

MSNBC literally STILL says that Drag Queen Story Hour events don't even happen.

The media doesn't realize they're not the only source for news...
Old 02-10-2023, 03:00 PM
Banned

Being a teacher in modern America doesn't seem like a good risk vs. reward balance.

You get paid peanuts, parents dump their kids on you as a glorified social worker / babysitter, and society is constantly looking to you to be a paragon under immense pressure. Plus, certain people want you to teach with an assault rifle on your back rather than legislate guns.
Closed Thread