Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2023, 10:43 PM
Planar Protector

Attachment 21213
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-14-2023, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You heard of the Mongols? The Turks? The Arabs? Iraq was 2/3rds enslaved Africans prior to the Zanj rebellion. All of them were exterminated after they rebelled

You watch Ethiopians gang rape each other for two years recently because they speak different languages? You’re biased dummy

The Arabs are 1000% imperialist scumbags who did as much evil as whites
i've played civ 5, i'm something of a historian myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2023, 10:50 PM
Banned

I don’t mind being the cartoon villain tho

I just wish I could be rich so I could complete the intersectionality of pure evil

White, straight, male, skinny, rich (I wish)

Maybe someday, but probably not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-14-2023, 11:04 PM
Banned

Murder the larger clumps of cells who try to stand in the way of terminating the smaller clumps of cells

Makes sense to me

And to think I used to work out to your exercise tapes as a little kid. Oh how the mighty have fallen (in my eyes)
Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 03-14-2023, 11:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterbonkers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've played civ 5, i'm something of a historian myself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I get it’s a joke to you but the Arabs eradicated entire civilizations, including mine. Fuck off lard ass
Old 03-14-2023, 11:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<brainwashed QAnon garbage pic>
Your orange obese MAGA failure of a president directed a rollback of community banking regulations signaling the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank.

In the last few years, interest rates were very low, and saving accounts made only pennies in interest. Silicon Valley Bank (SBB) decided to invest its funds in long-duration treasury bonds with an average interest rate of 1.8 percent. SBB was taking in deposits quickly due to the cash surplus in the startup world and wanted to capitalize on those deposits. SBB gave an interest rate of 1.8 percent while other big institutional banks were providing zero interest rates, which made SBB look great to investors. However, interest rates skyrocketed, and long-duration treasury bonds are now yielding over 5 percent. A bond portfolio with an interest rate of 1.8 percent over 10 years underperforms compared to a bond portfolio with a 5 percent interest rate over the same period. This caused SBB to sell a $21 billion Bond portfolio yielding 1.8 percent, resulting in a $1.8 billion loss.

To compensate for the loss, SBB announced a capital raise, which worried investors that SBB had solvency issues. This created a run on the bank, and SBB failed. The Dodd-Frank banking regulation legislation, passed after the 2008 crash, imposes regulatory requirements on banks. However, these requirements do not extend to regional banks like SBB. The collapse of SBB is unlikely to indicate any broader failure in the financial system. Still, regulators could have mitigated the risks, highlighting the importance of regulation in protecting people in such instances.

Donald Trump's deregulatory efforts, including the economic growth regulatory relief and consumer protection act signed in 2018, contributed to the SBB failure. Bank lobbyists fought for the bill, arguing that Dodd-Frank's banking reform approach hurt regional and community banks. Trump's supporters claimed that only large financial institutions could destabilize the national banking system while ignoring the possibility of smaller institutions failing and destabilizing a region. This is evident in Silicon Valley, where SBB's failure could have far-reaching consequences.

Some Republicans have claimed that SBB failed because it was "too woke," which is downright stupid. Such comments do not account for the fundamental financial and economic factors that led to the bank's failure. While deregulation may benefit banks in the short term, it increases the likelihood of catastrophic failures that affect individuals and regions. Therefore, it is crucial to strike a balance between regulation and deregulation to mitigate risks while promoting growth and innovation in the banking sector.
Last edited by Botten; 03-15-2023 at 12:01 AM..
Old 03-15-2023, 12:07 AM
Banned

Here here

Or is it hear hear

Also free money is a bad idea. Scholarships. Trade school. Gym memberships. Sports club memberships, vacation vouchers….all gravy
Old 03-15-2023, 12:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lotta words
Aside from the Trump stuff (only due to the source) this all sounds correct, from what I’ve heard

They went all in on the treasury bonds, which lost a lot of value once the rates went up. Now should they have anticipated the rate hike considering the current gov’t spending? I think so

But even with the bonds being under-valued they wouldn’t have gone under still had there not also been a rush on the bank
Old 03-15-2023, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

bail out the 1% liberal progressives but let the people in East Palestine rot
Closed Thread