Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Kobold

Default Class Suggestions for a casual player

Hey all,

Haven't played in a couple years. Looking to make a return and roll a new toon and I'd like some class advice.

My play time is a bit sporadic so solo is pretty important but I also don't wanna be locked out of groups. I also can't see myself having time to dig into raiding at end game so that's less important.

From what I've read/remember best solo options are bard, shaman, enchanter, necromancer, wizard, mage, druid and monk.

Lot of options there so just wondering what you'd suggest for re-learning the game and just having some fun.

Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-17-2019, 11:08 AM
Banned

I am as casual as casual gets.. And i made an SK a while back who is now 37, and he is a great option you should consider! Totally has solo capabilities! And a blast to have in a group!! Plus having the Feign Death is a casual players saving grace. The amount of times i just have to FD and step away for 5min-all day happens extremely often haha.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:11 AM
Banned

Name: Charlie Kelly
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Favorite Food: Milk Steak
Hobbies: Magnets
Dislikes: People's Knees
Old 05-17-2019, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

BigJ is so right here -- any class with ability to FD is huge for casual playing. The *inability* to FD means you have to get to safe spot + log out anytime you need to step away (not the case w/ FD)
Old 05-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Banned

Mage, Druid, Necro.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stebbins99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BigJ is so right here -- any class with ability to FD is huge for casual playing. The *inability* to FD means you have to get to safe spot + log out anytime you need to step away (not the case w/ FD)
I would add Hide actually.

You can't do it mid-fight like FD, but otherwise if you can Hide and confirm your Hide is working, you're pretty much 100% safe, baring a very few exceptional zones & mobs.

So if you're playing a Ranger, SK, Rogue, Bard... or any Wood Elf, Dark Elf and Halfling, I think it's a nice way to go AFK for long period of times.

Just a reminder on how to know if your hide worked or not (for non-Rogues)

1) /consider a mob before Hide, it should be anything other than indif. Now Hide and /con again, if it's indif now it worked.

2) no mobs around? Try casting one of your "Sense ____" spells, like Sense Undead or Sense Animal or Sense Summoned. Hopefully that will target a non-indif mob for you. Then go back to 1.

3) no mobs around? no spell? the only undead you could target with sense summoned was indif? you have a last way! make sure you have no see invis effect on you. Click Hide, your character should disappear from sight. Now make sure you have no target and then type "/target nagoya" replacing nagoya with your own cute name! and if targets you it means you are not hidden. If it can't target you, it is because you are hidden (apparently even from yourself!)

from that point, once hidden you can stay hidden ad vitam eternam, and you are safe from 99.99% of the mobs, and even 100% of them in most zones.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:22 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name: Charlie Kelly
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Favorite Food: Milk Steak
Hobbies: Magnets
Dislikes: People's Knees
Well I could put the trash into a landfill where it's going to stay for millions of years, or I could burn it up, get a nice smokey smell in here and let that smoke go into the sky where it turns into stars.
Old 05-17-2019, 11:23 AM
Kobold

I actually hadn't considered feign death or an SK for that matter. I seem to remember hide not working that well but that may have just been at low levels when I was bad at it.
Last edited by serjordanmormont; 05-17-2019 at 11:27 AM..
Old 05-17-2019, 11:25 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage, Druid, Necro.
In that order?
Old 05-17-2019, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serjordanmormont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In that order?
I'd go Druid/Necro/Mage. Necro for sure has the tools to be casual. Once again- FD. However.. Druid to me is always the go to first character choice.. The quality of life spells they have is just too good. And they have numerous ways to exp.. Quad, Charm and Fear Kite, Root Rotting, Groups.. So many options. And with the porting, you can always just port out if you gotta log, and just port back later..

Also gives you the option to easily and mindlessly make money with ports and power levels and what not!

However Dino is dope, so whatever order he reports back on, i support.
Closed Thread