Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

rip
Old 08-15-2015, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Literally the one thing my group was looking forward to. Getting lots of work done myself IRL but i'd rather be geeking out with a bfg on EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-15-2015, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Whats irritating right now is the wing and rope weren't refunded. BFGs removed, but they haven't even removed the actual problem (planks) from people yet.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:39 PM
Sarnak

Can someone even explain what is going on with this item? After finding out about RNG melee crits I became slightly interested in it, but I'd rather not waste my time on an item that's going to be taken from me. Someone mentioned the quest gets removed later on so it's kind of a big deal I guess :\
Old 08-15-2015, 04:45 PM
Aviak

Outside of the limited usefulness of the clicky... BFG can go in primary, and allows a 2nd weapon in offhand. It melee crits for ranger. It double attacks in melee. It gets double (archery) damage for rangers on nonrooted stationary targets. It is enhanced by Trueshot disc. It also still consumes arrows when meleeing. Planking for the quest is eventually removed.

If you wanna do some napkin math its a 20/50 MH, that is effectively a 40/50 on a nonrooted stationary mob, and 80/50 during trueshot. The one thing I'm having a hard time pinning down personally is what the damage formula is. I believe I was mistaken in thinking it follows a weaker formula in melee.

Quote:
Non-trueshot non-crit : 50-120ish
Non-trueshot crit: 100-240ish
Trueshit non-crit: 100-230
Trueshit crit: max I saw was 450ish
Going back and looking at parses I'm seeing similar numbers to that, which would be more consistent with it using a normal melee formula. So realistically outside of TS its performing a little better than reasonable access weapons atm (but consuming arrows which is icky). Inside TS its a whirlwind of death.

Looking at a few different sufficient length fights I've got melee parses 40-45dps w/ my normal melee weapons, then TS BFG parses of 65-85 (still seeing a fair bit of variance there).
Last edited by Kinvalar; 08-15-2015 at 05:14 PM..
Old 08-15-2015, 05:41 PM
Aviak

MAX HIT from my logs:

Non-trueshot non-crit: 143

Since Trueshot should at best be double, and crit modifiers should be uniform that's the only max hit that matters IMO. Conceivably with my stats a 286 TS normal hit should be possible (my highest in log was 263).

Also, there was (is? haven't checked lately) some issue with worn haste not applying to regular bow attacks (spell haste did still apply) I was curious to see if BFG melee was plagued by this, but it appears not. Looking at the swing intervals for 2 minutes of consecutive attacks I'm seeing the appropriate delay for a 50 dly weapon at capped haste. So that's good news at least.
Last edited by Kinvalar; 08-15-2015 at 05:54 PM..
Old 08-28-2015, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Id like my 1k back spent on ports when this item (planking) is taken away from inventory :/
I dont like losing plats :/ please refund that as well GMs..
Closed Thread