Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2flare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well boys, it's been a fun ride... I truly believed it was "possible" to re-experience what MMORPGs were like once: Believable alternate world, exciting,dangerous, huge social commitments, friendships, etc

It is time to accept that there will only be SINGLE PLAYER MULTIPLAYER RPG GAMES.

You will be able to: 1) change class whenever u feel like it

2) Solo to max lvl in 2 weeks

3) And do it without talking with anyone

4) Troll and be rude as much as you wish

5) Maps and arrows to every quest

6) LIVE ACTION, Press meaningless spells constantly

7) Only die if you're afk or u hit a mob higher level than u

..... Welcome to WOWNEXT!

Indeed.. What the hell was SoE thinking. Even the last bastions of hope in this battle for decent MMOs has been WoWed out..
Old 08-05-2013, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Give it time and a playable version before you start spewing sewage all over the forums
Old 08-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

The models are made like that to make it easier to render on lower end machines + make it easier to build modular gear sets. When WOW came out it ran great on my machine with lots of characters around banks etc while EQ ran like a converted piece of crap unless i turned off models when raiding. We all remember the EQ2 fiasco when it came to system specs. EQ2 models are not that great at all. To this day Cataclysm runs great but SWTOR runs awful on my machine.

But.....No reason for that kerran to look like simba's homosexual brother. To be voiced by Jeremy Irons in the next film.

I am really concerned about hacking. In two weeks of release swaths of content will be wrecked and Chinese gold farmers will have a stranglehold on most of the "good" land plots. Developers ALWAYS seem to build these MMO's not thinking about consequences of hacking. You would have to have some serious GM tools to fix world issues that this could potentially have.

I also take most of this alpha hype with a grain of salt. See any Fable game for reasons why.

Tanrin,Rinat,Sprucewaynee
Old 08-06-2013, 02:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2flare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing in common "to WoW" ????

1. Orcs look like WoW orcs

2. Humans look like WoW humans

3. Graphics are cartoonish like WoW

4. Probably solo to max lvl without talking to a single player

5. No need to think while playing, just mash buttons faster (WoW)

6. No time to communicate, ur moving around so much while fighting

Yeah, there's NOTHING like WoW.
A bunch of anti-social players, it's all going to be a coincidence! Absolutely nothing inspired by WoW's culture of "quick, fast, Everyone is a HERO"

I dare you to prove to me that EQnext would be the SAME GAME if WoW had never launched??? ( oops, that would require thinking)
1. WoW orcs and EQNext orcs and all orcs look the same. Just because they're green and are ugly, with huge teeth does not mean that it came from WoW.

WoW orc - http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../1e/3D-Orc.png

EQ Next orc - http://www.eqnforum.com/attachments/...rtorc-jpg.169/

Well damn, lets just bring up the mother of all RPGs and compare it to that too. D&D Orc. - http://polaqu.wikia.com/wiki/Orc?file=Orc.jpg

None of them look the same, but all of them have similarities.

2. Humans in ALL games look the same. We are, after all, a race with slight differences.

3. Games with cartoonish graphics - There are SO many of them. WoW didn't patent cartoon graphics, and SoE definitely doesn't think they've stolen anything or are being "WoWish". In my opinion, cell shaders and cartoon graphics are the *best* way for things to become more realistic. I think the best game in this subgenre, Zelda - Windwaker, would agree.

I do recall during Blizzcon 2008 or 2009, that Blizzard did a huge thank you to EverQuest and SoE for being the FOUNDING FATHER of all MMOs. They thanked them for all of their ideas and wouldn't be around if not for EQ.

4. You're speculating here with very little to back you up other than a stubborn guess. I seriously doubt this. EQ1 is not like that, EQ2 is not like that, why would the next one be, just because WoW is? Doesn't make sense.

5. No need to think while playing. I am going to go out on a limb here and say something. In a group of 6 people in Sebilis, you are one of several classes that literally sits in the camp spot and waits for the mob to be pulled unless you're the puller. Otherwise, you stand up, hit a button, hit another button.. move a little, hit another button once that spell is done, or when backstab comes up from CD, or when you need to change songs. The one thing that WoW has that is more fun than EQ, is its combat system. Either way, EQ1 or WoW, or any other freakin' MMO - you are mashing buttons, albeit slower than other MMOs, but you are still mashing your hotkey for backstab as a rogue, still mashing bash/yaulp/stun as a paladin, etc etc. Am I wrong?

6. I've been in a ton of groups in EQ1 where people are chain pulling, the healer (myself) is on their toes trying to heal, melee is doing their thing and enchanters are pressed for skill. No one can type, no time to type (even though, we could) and thats the MOST fun in this game is when shit gets real. That is what Ventrillo is for, TeamSpeak, etc. If you're more of a casual player, than your playstyle won't be so time consuming and there will be plenty of time to chat between kills.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...69945506_n.jpg

Take a look at that. That's the credits from the EverQuest Trilogy booklet. This was before WoW even came out.

So, by saying SoE was inspired by WoW.. you might want to take a step back and see who took ideas from who.

I honestly think you're accusing SoE of being unoriginal, of stealing WoW concepts when really, every MMO has a base culture as mentioned during the EQN unveil. They are being innovative, and borrowing from many years of ideas which mostly stemmed from EQ. Other companies took these concepts, built upon them, and recycled them into the MMO world for others to use. But it all, in the end, comes back to EQ - the grandfather of it all.

You seem like you've made up your mind and won't enjoy EQNext. Others will. But keep in mind, SoE did not borrow anything from WoW. WoW just took from the cesspool of MMO concepts, just like everyone else is doing.
Closed Thread