Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ten seconds or so of googling found these (I didn't "cherry-pick", and I'm sure there are many more if anyone wants to look):

Again, maybe my 99% was too high, although I still submit that the player community is not the same as the forum community, and again I suspect the latter is more "pro-classic" than the former.

BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS, because my point is not "most players want Luclin/PoP, so P99 should have it." My point is, most players want Luclin/PoP but stay here, happily, anyways, because even though it doesn't give them exactly what they want, this server does give them the closest thing.
most players clearly do not want luclin anyway
Old 09-10-2019, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think we can safely agree that P99 is better off for its administrators sticking to their own plans
Amen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most players clearly do not want luclin anyway
This has become a pattern for our interactions now ...

Loramin: Says something
Zodiumn: Aggressively challenges whatever Loramin said (and typically insults him for good measure)
Loramin: Provides evidence to support original claim
Zodiumn:

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-10-2019 at 02:02 PM..
Old 09-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroctagan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you are confused how a Beta works.
Don't. Lmao!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, the role was pretty clear, it is a beta to have the classical green... Guess the people that complain now will be really pissed when they will be locked into 6 action button on green....
Do not. Lmao!!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I been sitting on the side lines because I can see both sides of the coin and it really doesn't matter to me, but let's not use the word Beta to describe this situation. Beta implies a game being worked on and developed. Which does not include adding features and then removing them years later down the road usually. This game is neither being worked on nor is it being developed. This is an emulator project replicating a time period of a game that has already been well developed over the past two decades. A fairly decent one at that. Let's give credit where credit is due.

Now I am going to simplify this for the rest of you reading. It's really rather simple. Not rocket science at all. Cthulhuplush hit a lot of key points in his earlier statements. You got the group of those not thrilled at all by any of these changes. They are allowed to feel that way. That's perfectly ok that they do. It's not going to change. So accept it.

You got the next group of people who are singing a chorus of koombea and doing the hoki poki while they turn themselves around. Hey happy for ya'll. Glad ya dig it. If you like it then I love it. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Then there is my group. The group that doesn't give a rats fart whether the wind blows up wind or down wind. Every game has it's bit of stink. So we deal with it and laugh it off. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'll tell ya'll what though. Having played EQ when it first came out and just my little opinion for what ever it's worth. The game don't feel any more or any less classic to me then it did either before or after the changes made in this patch. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me in fact is if Blue according to a thread I read on these forums isn't the real classic experience and that's what we are waiting on Green for then why not place those restrictions on Green rather then Blue? Then everybody is happy. Now to me that would make more sense.

That's how I would have done it. I don't run the show though which is probably a good thing because my people skills I got to be honest out right suck. lol Probably my military upbringing. lol Personally either way I am good. I play more for the I guess you'd say role play aspects of it. I don't number crunch or analyze or pop a chubby over loot drops. I do my thing and keep it moving. Probably why I am not phased. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Anyway back to the word Beta. Use it for the server phase fine. Can even use it for Project Stage sure. Just to use it for a 2 decade old game just sounds so wrong. Lmao!!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am done now. Wisdom imparted. Have a good one everybody. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

P.S. Any of you gonna hook me up with that v48 patch I asked for 50 thousand threads back before the arguments kept on going? Just figured I'd ask one last time. Thanks if ya do. lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by KOOLLAYD; 09-10-2019 at 03:18 PM.. Reason: Corrections.
Old 09-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Kobold

Terrible patch . P99 staff selective classic.
still do we not have velow unclassic festures?

Line of sifht break does not interrupt enemy spellcasting
Usa only get quakes at primetime weekends
Rooted dragons in ToV
This melee changes just feels wrong. Should not monks be more dps. Did devs do their own balance?
Did not sneak pull fd work on live

But noo lets focus of making gameplay terrible by removing ui featured making game playable.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Planar Protector

Keep it up boys, doing Gods work! Thanks and Congratz on the amazing job done!
Old 09-10-2019, 05:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should be Project 1999's sales pitch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I honestly believe 99+% of this server is not as in love with the classic era as R&N are. The vast, vast, majority of us would love to see Luclin or Planes of Power someday, for instance.

But thank god R&N do love the classic era as much as they do, because it lead them to build the only real "Everquest-y" emulated server in existence. All the rest are full of boxers, full of non-EQ content, and/or have terrible support.

No matter what eras you played on live, even if you never played in classic, this (rabidly) classic server is the only place that feels like home.
To the bolded; I don't know about the vast vast majority, but I definitely would LOVE Luclin. And POP without PoK or PoTranquility.

But there are a good portion that hated certain Luclin changes, and I understand that. Including some (if not all) the devs. So we'll never see that.

But I still consider Luclin quite classic. Anything pre-Books is good in my eyes.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The vast, vast, majority of us would love to see Luclin or Planes of Power someday, for instance.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Aviak

Personally I’d play the heck out of a Luclin (but no PoP - PoK sucked the life out of all other zones) server, but that’d have to be its own thing. In the meantime, I love P99 the way it is.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

is there a work around for the virus message, as Windows 10 just deletes the file before it can be opened.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Large Rat

Default dsetup virus

So when I download the new file zip it says there's a virus... I can't launch the game because it says DSETUP.dll was not found. Does someone have a clean DSETUP for me to download? Thanks!
Closed Thread