Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 12:18 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default No idea what class to play. Help!

Hey all. I rolled an enchanter when I started here and got him up to 55 but soon after realized that I hated enchanter. I had to haste, slow, tash, charm and do major dps, crack buff, other buffs and CC. It was very restricting to say the least. Having to plan 5 minutes in advance when you wanted to take a quick bio was not fun.

So, I rerolled monk and got him to mid 30's, but soon after realized the non-stop pulling was just as bad as the enchanter.

I'm looking for a more chilled class style that also has the ability to solo. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe SK or pala? But, I hear SK have to pull a lot for groups and pala are weak solo. I'm not as interested in pure casters.

My ideal class would get groups quickly in places like Sebilis, have an easy relaxed roll on raids - not puller for sure and still have some ability to solo. Is there such a class?
Old 08-09-2015, 01:14 AM
Banned

Ranger for sure
Old 08-09-2015, 02:15 AM
Large Bat

Shaman, Necro, or Mage.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

Rogue is a great match for you besides the solo thing. My recommendation would be have a group / raid only char (rogue) and a solo only / raid only char (wizard, druid, necro) to balance it out if you're not gonna play a powerful but high maintenance class (bard, enc, shaman).

I did rogue + druid as my initial characters and it was a great mix of play styles and let me decide how sociable I felt like being on any given day.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you should play a druid.

You might not get groups right away but you can solo and port which helps pass time while you are looking for one.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 08-09-2015, 03:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I started with a rogue and shaman and got them too 57 and 56, i realized i hated being a buff bot and the non solo-ability of the rogue bothered me as well... So i just re-rolled a ranger a couple days ago leveling him up and having a lot of fun playing the class, cant wait to get velious spells and epics. You mentioned pulling, and as a ranger i imagine you may to a bit of that... something to consider. GL everquest is the best!
Old 08-09-2015, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

every class requires you to do things, sadly.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:00 AM
Banned

maybe a cleric? all you have to do is heal once in a while. and you can always solo undead!

it sounds like you want to be able to take downtime and not have to pay attention that much
Old 08-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Planar Protector

Mage or necro? Every pull, just throw your pet on it and the team is happy. You can even get up and press a nuke or dot now and then.

Mage has the entire "I have to damage shield?!" thing going on though....

So, maybe necro? FD means you can go afk and not risk death even if team dies. Fear kiting with pet is a little more involved for soloing though (and later on, you might want to charm high level undead).

Hmmm, so maybe mage? But then people will want you to summon food or arrows maybe!!
Old 08-09-2015, 07:27 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman sounds a bit intense for the OP, having to canni dance might make him quit with #firstworldproblems

Wizard?
Closed Thread