Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-13-2022, 01:16 PM
Banned

I have had a privileged and relatively easy life. It makes me angry that our inability to manage resources efficiently, so that a small percentage of people can get even wealthier, denies the right to exist to countless future people.

I fail to see how someone can oppose abortion on one hand and fail to adopt enviornmentalist stances on the other. Not that either of you fellas necessarily have done so. Referring to the masses.

Out of sight, out of mind has done a lot of damage to this world.

Do you think human life will continue after all of the above cataclysmic events?
Old 06-13-2022, 01:23 PM
Banned

not the way ppl think it will it's possible humans could completely die out and the world will be reborn completely differently

it could be another 100,000 years before a new species rises out into using spears and staring at the stars and another 100,000 years again,

and another 100,000 years, and that is less than a million years and we have exactly what we have now, the stock may not be human tho, not the way we are

however what makes us human?

we all share DNA

even if our gut flora survive in the mud/floodwaters it may re-construct a very similar seeming species.

it's a hard concept to pass down

our written history is so small compared to the entire history of the HOMO SAPIEN

and ppl think evolution is this galapagos thing --- there is a lot more going on --- ecosystems and ppl are destined to design something bipedal and tool using maybe... over and over again, i thinkfeel that is very possible

------------- i also think this is going to be a soft collapse

we could go on another 1,000 years like this with a rebirth into a more harmonious erra with smarter tech and a new way of living even if only 25-30% of all humans survive the next 50 years. That is closer to a great recet scenairo that than falls into a little iceage or something in a few thousand years.

I mean there is way to much to predict.

It's less likely a roid will hit and totally resurface us unless g-d is involved

anyway --- rolling odds that ur going to be in that ~25% that make it thru ? ? ? silly

prepare ur spirit and soul and contribute to the comfort of those around u until that day where u haven't had fresh water or food for two weeks

---- also a lot more to say it's been sorta said all by jibartik b4

no i really don't think this is going to be the one that kills everyone completely, for those that die tho it's going to feel like the rapture
Last edited by starkind; 06-13-2022 at 01:30 PM..
Old 06-13-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it could be another 100,000 years before a new species rises out into using spears and staring at the stars and another 100,000 years again,

and another 100,000 years, and that is less than a million years and we have exactly what we have now, the stock may not be human tho, not the way we are
too short shorty
Old 06-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

I am 40 and I expect to see the shit really hitting the fan right as I prepare to make my exit. Unless somethin' gets me first. I should drink less.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
too short shorty
thats the common perception that it would take millions of years

we have seen some cases tho where species are brought near extinction than re-speciate pretty rapidly

the wolves/foxes in russia google that

we have stored in ourselves lots of neat tricks thats also stored in all the stuff that lives in our bodies

our species dies but our DNA isn't starting from scratch

time to google how much data is stored in dna

--- a few --- just enough species/microbes worth of dna could respeciate an entire planet pretty rapidly from just some simple life forms that worked well toghether --- it's like the seed of seeds
Old 06-13-2022, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am 40 and I expect to see the shit really hitting the fan right as I prepare to make my exit. Unless somethin' gets me first. I should drink less.
really depends on how u want to die

in liver failure?

or walkin in the sun towards the next village with the refugee caravan?

committing suicide with alcohal poisoning is reall bad way to go -- becoming so addicted that when u stop drinking ur body goes into shock sucks

i want to play games and eat oatmeal cookies until i can't and i don't even believe i deserve that, i'm just so tired of trying to fix ppl

i'm going to let this happen

i'm giving it to g-d's will

and i want to be as healthy as i can while i go through this process again and not tie the rope around my own neck again
Old 06-13-2022, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
really depends on how u want to die

in liver failure?

or walkin in the sun towards the next village with the refugee caravan?

committing suicide with alcohal poisoning is reall bad way to go -- becoming so addicted that when u stop drinking ur body goes into shock sucks

i want to play games and eat oatmeal cookies until i can't and i don't even believe i deserve that, i'm just so tired of trying to fix ppl

i'm going to let this happen

i'm giving it to g-d's will

and i want to be as healthy as i can while i go through this process again and not tie the rope around my own neck again
I make a lot of grim jokes but my drinking isn't that bad. When I was in rehab years ago I met a guy who was that bad, we talked at one of the circle meeting things, his pants fell down and we all had a good laugh. He was dead later that night. I even had my liver values tested when I was at the doc about two weeks ago, they're in a healthy range. Not that this means I won't get zonked that way, necessarily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been working on my health. I'm in decent shape. Could be better, could be a lot worse.

I hope I die in my sleep and don't see it coming at all. My Uncle John went that way.
Old 06-13-2022, 01:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
thats the common perception that it would take millions of years

we have seen some cases tho where species are brought near extinction than re-speciate pretty rapidly

the wolves/foxes in russia google that

we have stored in ourselves lots of neat tricks thats also stored in all the stuff that lives in our bodies

our species dies but our DNA isn't starting from scratch

time to google how much data is stored in dna

--- a few --- just enough species/microbes worth of dna could respeciate an entire planet pretty rapidly from just some simple life forms that worked well toghether --- it's like the seed of seeds
back to this there's stuff that lives unchanged and unaffected in our mantle that wont' die even if we completely poison the earth horribly and once the poison becomes weakever after say 1 million years than that process can happen rapidly again -- and likely a lot of organisms will be cleaning up the poisons like the PFAS by than, life will find a way --- and it will be miraculous

u won't see it tho because u would have to lose ur humanity to see it happening humans can't percieve these things or the scope
Old 06-13-2022, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I make a lot of grim jokes but my drinking isn't that bad. When I was in rehab years ago I met a guy who was that bad, we talked at one of the circle meeting things, his pants fell down and we all had a good laugh. He was dead later that night. I even had my liver values tested when I was at the doc about two weeks ago, they're in a healthy range. Not that this means I won't get zonked that way, necessarily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been working on my health. I'm in decent shape. Could be better, could be a lot worse.

I hope I die in my sleep and don't see it coming at all. My Uncle John went that way.
i'm going to be fishing

in my head in a dream than i wont' wake up

or maybe just swimming/floating in water and maybe i'll feel the warmth of the sun one last time - that would be a great gift of my brain to my body one last time
Old 06-13-2022, 01:44 PM
Banned

i've already had enough crazy death dreams where i'm lost in a labrytth of steel and concrete or the world is exploding and vibrating or i'm fighting with ppl and it's just carnage everywhere

i feel like as i have become spiritually better that has not been as bad or when it happens it's not got the hold it normally does