Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 02:53 PM
Kobold

Default Stiffing the porter

Last week, someone ported me to EJ. (Don't remember who it was.

Well, turns out there is a bug in game i wasn't aware of that made me look like I stiffed a porter. I went to pay the guy beforehand, (I always do, in case I go LD from zoning.) but before I could give the plat on my cursor to him, his port spell went off. When we arrived, the plat was still on my cursor. So when I handed it to him, it said "SoAndSo has cancelled the trade."

I thought, very cool! Not many porters port you for free. So I thanked him and ran off to Seb. He never said anything at all. (Most don't anyway.) So I gave it no more thought.

Well, come to find out, it's a game bug. The plat on the cursor if you zone is "ghost plat" and the "cancelled the trade" message is the game default response.

So to whomever ported me last weekend to EJ, I wasn't stiffing you on a tip, I genuinely thought you cancelled the trade and was doing it as a favor in good faith.

1000 apologies......

I know this is really petty in the world of p99 politics, but I just wanted the person to know, I didn't mean to stiff them.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-15-2020, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Oopsies! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] One thing you can do is tip via /split. If I do so, I say I've done so in group. Of course, that means you have to be carrying more than you intend to tip.

I have 60 plat and I want to tip 50 plat...I could /split 60 (he gets 30), /split 20 (he gets 10), /split 20 again (he gets another 10 for a total of 50). Stuff like this.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:12 AM
Sarnak

Ive seen that bug too... it ghosted the money so it appeared that i didnt have any until we zoned.

I always carry port money and when it bugs, you have nothing to give. Super annoying and embarrassing.
Luckily is comes back when you zone so you can pay when landing.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:57 AM
Banned

Would never happen on Green
Old 09-16-2020, 09:31 AM
Planar Protector

I remember one time I said to a 60 druid. Hey man can I bum a ride? He responded with sure where you at. I told him, he came to the ring, even buffed me. Ported me to my destination and I said thanks then left the party. He sends me a tell saying wow cheap and I say what? He says you didn't even tip me. To which I respond I asked if I could bum a ride though. He says what's bum mean.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:12 AM
Sarnak

OP has a good heart, easy 10/10 thread
Old 09-16-2020, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember one time I said to a 60 druid. Hey man can I bum a ride? He responded with sure where you at. I told him, he came to the ring, even buffed me. Ported me to my destination and I said thanks then left the party. He sends me a tell saying wow cheap and I say what? He says you didn't even tip me. To which I respond I asked if I could bum a ride though. He says what's bum mean.
Similar thing happened to me on my druid. Guy asked if he could have a ride. I said sure, and ported him. He ran off, i sent a tell saying something along the lines of "no tip? Ok..." and he responded with something along the lines of "shame on you for going against your word, I asked if I coukd have a ride and you said yes!" Before I coukd even get out an "lol" I received tells from 5-6 other people all just saying "shame!" I was laughing so hard, totally worth the port.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Similar thing happened to me on my druid. Guy asked if he could have a ride. I said sure, and ported him. He ran off, i sent a tell saying something along the lines of "no tip? Ok..." and he responded with something along the lines of "shame on you for going against your word, I asked if I coukd have a ride and you said yes!" Before I coukd even get out an "lol" I received tells from 5-6 other people all just saying "shame!" I was laughing so hard, totally worth the port.
The real tip was the lol's we had along the way.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

There is only one way to pay your porters: /split
Old 09-17-2020, 11:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would never happen on Green
Somebody douche this Chaz off P99 asap. This guy needs an immediate break. Even if he lives in washington or california, send him outside....
Closed Thread