Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Large Bat

Hi All,

I am having the following "problem", which seems to me is my inability to see something simple: I can run EQ excellently given that it's the first run following the steps provided on the first page. However, after quitting the program (Project 1999 via the Applications Menu), it will bounce in my dock when I try to start it again until the application no longer responds (and requires a "force quit").

Things I've Tried
(1) Killing All Wine Processes
(2) Restarting the Computer

Again, everything is working great. Indeed, I can even make things work again if I unzip the Project 1999 wineskine and copy/paste the EverQuest folder back with my current settings into the freshly unzipped skin. I merely wish I could run the program a second and third time without repeating all the initial steps.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Fire Giant

If you use Crossover, which is super simple and have gamma issues, kill your crossover application, start up Terminal and copy this

defaults write com.codeweavers.CrossOver AllowGamma always
Old 04-03-2012, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Hey guys,
First of all I wanna say huge thanks for putting this together. Followed Phobus instructions to the letter and all worked out, however I do have one question, I wanna get Vert UI working, but everytime I try to load the UI it fails and auto loads the default, any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viprous19 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys,
First of all I wanna say huge thanks for putting this together. Followed Phobus instructions to the letter and all worked out, however I do have one question, I wanna get Vert UI working, but everytime I try to load the UI it fails and auto loads the default, any suggestions?

Thanks
when in game, go to your EQ options (eq button) and there is an option to load the ui which should list them. Or you can just /load the name of the ui dir, example my ui dir is duxaui so i /load duxaui
Old 04-04-2012, 05:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when in game, go to your EQ options (eq button) and there is an option to load the ui which should list them. Or you can just /load the name of the ui dir, example my ui dir is duxaui so i /load duxaui
Yes I know how to load UIs, that's not the problem, but the issue is with it failing on my Mac but works on my PC, wondering if there is a fix to this, or if Vert UI just doesn't work with Macs.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Aviak

Alright so I can launch the Project1999 app, I log in, select my character, then while it is loading it says my client may have crashed. I did all the steps you said yet I am still having trouble getting into the game. I have tried logging in with multiple characters but nothing works, any advice?

Also I tried installing the latest update files that are on the project1999 homepage, but it won't me me extract to the P99 folder. The only way I know how to access that folder is buy right clicking on the Project 1999 app, but it is grayed out and won't let me. How do I extract these files to my P99 folder? Assuming that is the problem.
Last edited by agentjayd007; 04-15-2012 at 11:37 PM..
Old 04-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How did you manage to change the gamma through wineskin? The game is soo dark -_-

Works pretty well except for:
  1. Sound only turns on or off, slider does nothing.
  2. Using mouselook, the game stops at 180 degrees. This could potentially be fixed with MouseWarpOverride settings in Winetricks but I remember the outcome being that your mouse cursor cannot be released after pressing right click so I wouldn't do it unless you'd like to prove me wrong.
  3. Game is incredibly dark, gamma setting in-game does nothing.
  4. f keys will only activate the shortcut they're assigned to (volume up/down etc) and using the function key does not work.

Mid-2010 17" MBP (330m, 2.53 GHz i5)
Anyone ever come up with a better fix for the mouse look thing? Drives me a bit nuts only having 180 degrees.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Well I rebottled wine with winery, used the latest engine & released versions... mouselook still stuck at 180. I applied the override force and yes, the mouse is just stuck in the center of the screen. disabling or enabling it doesn't change that you are locked at 180. I've seen several issues on the winehq forums but they all have been fixed (and I assume integrated into the latest Wine, which I just tested with)

So long story short, I can confirm p99 works on the latest Wine via WineSkin wrappers, but the mouselook (viewport stops turning after 180 degrees and you have to unclick, reclick and drag again for the next 180, rinse & repeat) issue still exists.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=30473

I'm going to see about trying it in Cider or using the CX engine.

edit: Tested on CX11, mouselook issue still exists.
I suspect the mouse look issue has to do with running in window mode instead of fullscreen. Can anyone that has bootcamp or some
Method of running fullscreen see if when they go window mode their mouse look stops when they get to the edge of the screen instead of continuing?
Last edited by Eiam; 04-18-2012 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 04-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Kobold

Still haven't solved the problem of the game being so dark in OSX. Can hardly see [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Wish it wasn't tho, i hate to have to load up my win7 bootcamp just to play.