Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-07-2023, 10:35 AM
Orc

Trusting other players while you are new shouldn't be bad? Having no gauge on the value of currency or what gear/stats even do really doesn't give you much perspective, so basically just open to whatever people hand you because you're simply not wise enough yet.

But ye, I'm just whining. This is what this forum category is for, I thought? It's not like I'm going around being a negative meanieface to everyone who tries handing out gear/plat or rude/disliking towards those who have given me things.

Not everyone has played this game for two decades. Open your brain up, ya smelly neckbeard.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:38 AM
Banned

I shower new players in gifts, platinum, buffs, and help with questions.

Because I want to.

I don't care if it enables them.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:50 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I shower new players in gifts, platinum, buffs, and help with questions.

Because I want to.

I don't care if it enables them.
You evil fuckin' monster.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

EQ is an extremely brutal game to start on, especially as a melee, to the point that most people will probably quit after dying a bunch of times at level 1. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to give a cheap weapon and gear to a new player to at least make that experience slightly better. They will still die, have to do a terrible CR, lose their corpse etc.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

I once tipped a druid 10k for some light duty porting (multiple characters, pickups and rides) and a couple back-and-forth item transfers.

Talked with him for a while...legit new guy in rags. Made his day...still get tells from him from time to time.
Old 02-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Banned

I remember when a guy gave me a free Wu's Quivering Staff in West Freeport like 10 years ago.

I had no idea those things only went for 100p. I saw the damage/delay and was like "holy shit!"

If I'm killing guards, I always give newbies a few FS weapons to sell for lower level spells. Because it just makes things easier.
Old 02-08-2023, 01:54 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ is an extremely brutal game to start on, especially as a melee, to the point that most people will probably quit after dying a bunch of times at level 1. I don't see why it would be a bad thing to give a cheap weapon and gear to a new player to at least make that experience slightly better. They will still die, have to do a terrible CR, lose their corpse etc.
This is the kind of help I like. I want something level-appropriate/that I could get myself or get soon. Pawn your trash off on me. Let me play plat for it once I'm high enough level to have more than 2pp, even if it isn't the full value on the AH price site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once tipped a druid 10k for some light duty porting (multiple characters, pickups and rides) and a couple back-and-forth item transfers.

Talked with him for a while...legit new guy in rags. Made his day...still get tells from him from time to time.
This is crazy. I would absolutely never accept that much. I thought 500-1k was a very large amount [at least until I began seeing how quickly spell costs ramp up].

You're an insane philanthropist! I endorse this sort of thing. Even if I don't accept, the gesture is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember when a guy gave me a free Wu's Quivering Staff in West Freeport like 10 years ago.

I had no idea those things only went for 100p. I saw the damage/delay and was like "holy shit!"

If I'm killing guards, I always give newbies a few FS weapons to sell for lower level spells. Because it just makes things easier.
As a necro, totally relate to the last point. The 5pp I get from it isn't as valuable to me as the weapon would be to someone who could use it.
Old 02-08-2023, 02:03 AM
Fire Giant

taking bets for what OPs main account is
Old 02-08-2023, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

I regularly farm and buy up Wu Trance Sticks and then give them away in Field of Bone to little monks. Eat it OP
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-08-2023, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

I also take <Ancient Blood> members through Dalnir for Cresent Armor about once a week still
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang