Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 12:14 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor
Question Warrior learning resources?

I am always seeking to improve as a EQ player and warrior player, and I still feel like I have so much left to figure out. I have been reading Sakuragi's guide and the other guides on the wiki, keeping tabs on this forum, and I was wondering if there are any other recommended resources for warriors or for playing EQ in general? Are there any youtube videos out there, or other recommended resources? Maybe someone's highly detailed twitch stream? I am open to all sorts of ideas on my quest to "git guud."

Any advice would be much appreciated.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 07-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Planar Protector

Face mob, hit attack, spam clicky. Wait till dead. Here, I saved you hours of research.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

I'd just keep reading posts and old archived threads on various sites. Besides setting up macros and carrying clickies most of your success or failure is knowledge on a zone per zone or raid encounter per encounter basis.

The general "how to play a warrior" part I'm sure you know for the most part at level 52. Tanking in grind groups is very easy so long as everyone does what their class is supposed to do. If you have aggro problems as a warrior it's likely not your fault. Assuming you are using decent weapons, hitting taunt, and knowing if a mob is rooted so you can take proximity aggro.
Last edited by Snaggles; 07-10-2019 at 12:45 PM..
Old 07-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

taunt before breaking charm, attack mob with proc weapons, tell dps to wait for assist, one mob at a time. Knowing how to have DPS pin and push a mob is also good (pin means all the dps face a wall that the mob is next to and PIN it there with their push which every attack generates) and push is pretty obvious, you ideally stand in front of it and back up slowly as the DPS push the mob out of casts. Sometimes you need to circle push like Venril Sathir, and sometimes you flip it back and forth, like on Velketor. Not much else to be said really.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

And also.. don't forget to roll Gnome!
Old 07-10-2019, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

Also taunt doesn't generate agro, it just puts you at the top of the hate list. So don't spam it unnecessarily. Just use it when you lose agro.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Taunt totally generates 1 aggro (top of list +1)
Old 07-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Sarnak

Not enough of a reason to spam it though lol.

Also you will want some slower weapons like a 2 hander for some fights. Venril Sathir being one of them, so you don't get riposted to death.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Yep, taunt is to take agro, not to generate hate, it's better not to waste it when not needed (except when you try to skill it up...) you want to have it up when the good backstab, third slow resist or big nuke land...
Old 07-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Always be ready to die a glorious death while you buy time for your companions to flee for safety that's #1 Warrior rule
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Closed Thread