Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 02:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wish my memory wasn't so damn bad. splurt is the most mana efficient dot, right? Start with only using that and the aforementioned low level snare/fear. Pet in tow. Maybe vexing to keep yourself alive. If he outruns jboots(?) bring sow pots. If he breaks fear and starts smacking the pet call it off until he's back on land to re-up on snare/fear/splurt. disease cloud to keep aggro off the pet.
Let me see if I got this...

Use Disease Cloud and Shadow Vortex to keep aggro off my pet but first, use Engulfing Darkness to snare, followed by Invoke Fear to fear and dot with Splurt and Ignite Blood.

Makes you wonder why high level spells are even needed?
Old 07-28-2019, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Shits kind of ridiculous. High level spells work well on low MR mobs. On high MR mobs you use what you can. Can't afford to waste mana.

I played a paladin on live. A mentor of mine told me to never use pacify. Always use calm. It doesn't cost as much mana and lasts for same duration. Kind of the same thing here. Higher doesn't always mean better. You have to find the right tool for the job when you're doing things on the edge of your capabilities.

I live by the motto: If I ain't dieing, I ain't trying.

Keep playing with it, you will get a rhythm eventually.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Last edited by Nuggie; 07-28-2019 at 02:34 AM..
Old 07-28-2019, 02:32 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're saying Fear is getting resisted a lot and you're running out of mana, then I wouldn't bother with it, and just try to kite. The most important thing is keeping snare up, so your pet can get all its DPS in and you can cast other spells or med.
I took him on 3 times and I would say Fear was resisted at least 5 times but I'm using the level 34 Fear. Mana was fine for the 2 times I killed him.

Quote:
Aggro shouldn't be an issue if you're keeping all the DoT's stacked. All those snare casts, Splurt, Plague, Ignite Blood, the Level 49 Lifetap DoT...pet shouldn't be able to top that.
I was only using Splurt and Plague and both were resisted. I'll try Ignite Blood as well.

Quote:
I don't think mana should be an issue if you're using the Level 12 snare? I don't know why Allizewsaur would be running into the water either, you can pull him up to the top of the hill and fear there, leaving plenty of room.
I didn't think about pulling him to the top of the hill to fear him. Based on other suggestions, I'm going to try the following:

Use Disease Cloud and Shadow Vortex to keep aggro off my pet, use Engulfing Darkness to snare, followed by Invoke Fear to fear and dot with Splurt and Ignite Blood.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:38 AM
Sarnak

Give your pet a tash stick or go wack him with it yourself if you can get him feared the first time, as long as you have a sow or even jboots is fine.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyF86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Give your pet a tash stick or go wack him with it yourself if you can get him feared the first time, as long as you have a sow or even jboots is fine.
I'm using JBoots so I should be able to out run him...
Old 07-28-2019, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was only using Splurt and Plague and both were resisted. I'll try Ignite Blood as well.
Splurt was getting resisted?? It has a very low resist rate, that really shouldn't be happening. Plague getting resisted would make sense I suppose, probably don't use it in that case. Ignite Blood is another low-resist DoT that shouldn't be getting resisted though. Also the Level 49 Lifetap DoT, do you have it?
Old 07-28-2019, 03:28 AM
Planar Protector

I tried finding some early server posts to use as reference, but gave up after about 10 minutes and started looking up some old friends.... I get distracted easily.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 07-28-2019, 04:38 AM
Planar Protector

Is there a low level shaman that may have SoWed him or something?

It should be arduous, but you shouldn't be getting killed unless you are making some basic mistakes...
Old 07-28-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty grueling in old world. I remember in 2009-2010 it took druids a solid 20 minutes to kite him
Old 07-28-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I killed it on my ranger before. That might be fun tbh. I’ll see if I can remember wtf I changed my password to after I heard Caiu was applying to guilds as/on Cecily.

1-10 scale how stripped/banned do you think my account is?
Last edited by Cecily; 07-28-2019 at 01:25 PM..
Closed Thread