Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 11-24-2019, 10:01 AM
Large Bat

Default Spell Files outdated

Hello, trying to start playing again a on a new pc after some years. I got everything set up and the v52 files installed and its still telling me the spell files are outdated. I've deleted it and reinstalled it about 5 times now. I've extracted the files from the compressed folder and put them in and just put the compressed folder in and neither way works. Anyone know what could be the deal?
Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I am having the same issue. I had p1999 set up and played previously but after copying the v52 files I keep getting told my spell files are out of date. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled yet but I will probably do that even though nothing has changed since I last played except copying the new files.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetrov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am having the same issue. I had p1999 set up and played previously but after copying the v52 files I keep getting told my spell files are out of date. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled yet but I will probably do that even though nothing has changed since I last played except copying the new files.
Actually, my mistake was just a dumb one. I have EQ installed in multiple directories and copied the new files to the wrong one.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:43 AM
Large Rat

Please give direct link to the files I need to copy to folder I just can't find them from any of the sticked topics.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:46 AM
Large Rat

Nevermind its on second to last line on "install section" on the how to play guide https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2651
Old 12-11-2019, 08:09 AM
Large Rat

New installation on another drive, I have extracted the v52 files to my installation folder twice now. Still the "spell files outdated."
Old 12-13-2019, 01:51 PM
Large Rat

Weird, I changed nothing and it now works.
Old 12-13-2019, 02:08 PM
Large Bat

Should of replied when I got it fixed but yeah i never figured out the real cause. I just deleted the all old p99 stuff and redownload everything and i worked. Think it was just a issue with the spell files not extracting properly.