Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Aviak

Default Late teen / early 20 bard weapons

Wondering what combination of weapons works best around this level now that i have dual wield? Do i want to focus on a low delay weapon for main hand and high dmg for offhand ir just best ratio on both? Current wielding a PGT in off hand and Cat o’nine tails in main and but the 36 ish delay has me wondering if im doing things wrong.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

The mainhand damage bonus doesn't start til 28 and doesn't really get good until your 30's, so don't worry about delay too much until then. Moreover, the 1h weapons are pretty bad in classic, so just get the best ratio whatever. The PGT and Cat-o-nine tails, they are perfectly fine, but be aware the procs will increase your aggro, esp. the PGT. Best case scenario, switch them out for non-procing weapons if you're pulling aggro off the tank while grouping.

Honestly, as a bard your meleeing damage isn't great, so just make sure you're updating your instruments first and foremost. Don't blow your money on bad weapons for a poor melee class.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Planar Protector

In a group, having your lute equipped for double regen, is way more useful saving healers tons of mana and its two fold for shaman and necros in your group. I cringe when I see anything but an instrument in a bards hands before an epic.if you absolutely must have a weapon get a staff of writhing for style points a solid ration and a decent 45dmg proc
Old 12-11-2019, 08:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In a group, having your lute equipped for double regen, is way more useful saving healers tons of mana and its two fold for shaman and necros in your group. I cringe when I see anything but an instrument in a bards hands before an epic.if you absolutely must have a weapon get a staff of writhing for style points a solid ration and a decent 45dmg proc
I'd make an exception for Tash Orb, BoH, Sky Spear, and Harmonic Dagger in certain circumstances, but otherwise this is gospel.

Astuce
Closed Thread