Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2020, 03:02 PM
Aviak

Default The only solution = L-U-C-L-I-N

After listening to/and reading countless discussions regarding server rules and dissatisfaction between rating gills on P 99 blue there are a couple of topics I would like to discuss in this post.

There are some fundamental issues that are happening simply because there is no content progression. We have tons of congestion for endgame content, we have a world of Plat inflation, And most people who have been playing here for eight or nine years has at least five or six level 60 toons.

I feel like currently we keep running into the same disagreements over endgame content simply because you have too many people packed into too small of a space. Just like in the real world, if you have too many people crammed into a small space they tend to bicker and fight about equality, small little blips over possessions, etc. etc., opportunities for people shrink with saturation.

I think as a community we should consider the options that expanding the content would promote... i'm sure a lot of people will disagree with this post entirely, and that's OK opinions are what the Internet is for, but I felt like sharing mine simply because I've been on the server for a very long time, we have a huge population here for a very limited amount of content, I understand that green server was supposed to help divide that population up a bit, but after talking with a lot of people have found more optimism with this idea then push back, expanding to the moon allows for more character progression, less saturation in TOV, and also would eliminate these constant rule change battles that we keep needing to re-visit.

I understand that the hate mail that will be left following this post will be overwhelming, thanks for taking the time to read some random person's opinion
Old 10-23-2020, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

That’s gonna be a nah from me dawg, just keep them suspended indefinitely that’s the correct answer.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:15 PM
Banned

nah
Old 10-23-2020, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

you understand that the bottlenecks would just move up to the moon, right? and that this very suggestion goes against everything Project 1999 stands for, down to the name?
Old 10-23-2020, 03:38 PM
Kobold

I agree the new models would solve most issues here
Old 10-23-2020, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you understand that the bottlenecks would just move up to the moon, right? and that this very suggestion goes against everything Project 1999 stands for, down to the name?
If you want classic EQ and the true vision of what P99 is or should be, go to green. Both the blue and red server are beta versions for their respective projects. I doubt Luclin would be in the cards, as interesting as that expansion is to me. Looking at how long it took for one zone like Chardok to come out, an entire expansion would be hell on the dev team. Not worth the effort considering how disgustingly entitled the current player base is.

It's unfortunate that this museum is trashed as badly as it is by the patrons. They don't deserve the project as they treat it like something they pay, demanding Rogean and crew do their bidding for free.

I say to heck with them. Whatever is the easiest solution for the staff is the one that should be taken. If instancing is on the table, I say do it and allow everyone to get their participation trophies! That will drive some of the most toxic players off the server.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 10-23-2020, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Luclin would be the greatest thing to ever happen on this server. This isn't project 1999 anymore, and it hasn't been for a long time. The project has changed and evolved.
Old 10-23-2020, 04:02 PM
Aviak

Default Willing to pay!

I would donate 1000$ usd to the cause... and while only a small contribution, I'm sure there are more out there who feel the same. We should pool together funds and make it happen!
Old 10-23-2020, 04:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillosopher27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would donate 1000$ usd to the cause... and while only a small contribution, I'm sure there are more out there who feel the same. We should pool together funds and make it happen!
As potential donors, I would expect a possible cocktail party....in game! Hob nobbing with the elites of P99 to make donations happen. We can share stories of our heroic deeds from Live and P99, before the toxic clowns began to squeeze their noses at us all.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 10-23-2020, 04:16 PM
Aviak

There would certainly be jumjum juice infusions for the lot of us!
Closed Thread