Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Orc

Getting groups isn't really the problem I feel. For me I disliked grouping as a Wizard because I just didn't feel particularly useful in them. Outside of stunning casters/healers my damage was just not great compared to other DPS classes. Magicians outstrip Wizard DPS by a lot in a group setting.

It just isn't very fun playing a Wizard in classic because you spend most of your time staring at your mana bar just waiting for that next opportunity to nuke. And then it gets resisted.

Wizards are more enjoyable in Kunark, but really the class was broken until Planes of Power.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Just dont blow it when you actually need to use an evac...

Always keep one memd and groups will remember you for being on point.
Old 06-10-2020, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by annali [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizards are more enjoyable in Kunark
Erm, how so? They are just weaker in relation to the difficulty of NPC's at the higher levels and can't use Manastone in Kunark (there's Manarobe, but good luck getting one for quite some time). You basically need to get a Rend Robe from VP to feel like you're contributing a worthwhile amount, and again, good luck getting one of those.
Old 06-10-2020, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

Depends on the group and what other players are LFG. If it’s between you and a Rogue for example, the group is usually taking the Rogue. If it’s between you and a Mage you will always lose because their bikes do decent damage and are pretty mana efficient, plus the DPS from their pets, makes them simply a better caster DPS class in most cases.

In groups I’ve found that we will usually take a Wizard if we’re hurting for DPS and no Rogues, Enchanters, Mages, or Monks are available.
Closed Thread