Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Skeleton

I pledged 1000 with P99VerdirBLUE

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/p99verdirblue
Old 02-10-2014, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Can I request that if I pledge Rogean will finish SMS Authentication so I can reset my account password?

PLEASE ROGEAN!

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 02-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Orc

money hungry fucks
Old 02-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooliusboozler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
money hungry fucks
Well it takes money to make a game so the pantheon devs need it to make their goal. Unless if course you are talking about the p99 devs in which case you need to learn to read
Old 02-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Orc

yea thats what studios and publishers are for. they get their own funding based on how well they pitch their game. they didnt have people donating to kickstarter for everquest did they? no. and are we still playing the game today? yes. it doesnt take a lot of money to make a good game. it takes good ideas, good developers, and pure dedication.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooliusboozler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea thats what studios and publishers are for. they get their own funding based on how well they pitch their game. they didnt have people donating to kickstarter for everquest did they? no. and are we still playing the game today? yes. it doesnt take a lot of money to make a good game. it takes good ideas, good developers, and pure dedication.
Kickstarter is pretty simple. If you like the idea, donate. If you don't, then don't.

Not to mention a little money during creation goes a long way towards keeping ownership of the IP. As the project grows and gains value the publishers they bring in later have less of a controlling interest. Meaning the game is developed according to brads vision instead of a cookie cutter money producer.

Interesting opinion you have though.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
yea thats what studios and publishers are for. they get their own funding based on how well they pitch their game. they didnt have people donating to kickstarter for everquest did they? no. and are we still playing the game today? yes. it doesnt take a lot of money to make a good game. it takes good ideas, good developers, enough money to have complete creative control and pure dedication.
ftfy
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 02-10-2014, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

So how is the serverwide xp bonus gonna work? Is it going to be during velious beta? between beta and opening? I mean if you do the xp bonus during the beta that is really gonna hurt the beta testing as people rather play live and get xp bonus.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

when pantheon fails to meet kickstarter goals, is this going to affect the estimated release date on velious? also, will BMQ be joining p99 staff to help deliver content?
Old 02-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Large Rat

If you think 800k is a lot of money to make a mmo then you need to have your head checked. The pantheon devs have great ideas, devs and pure dedication but they probably prefer to keep eating while they create their masterpiece
Closed Thread