Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mildly interesting idea for a thread, but a little misguided. Your attempt to define BiS is a little flawed. For one, your Monk Magelo link has Chardok 2.0 loot in it. Sure, it's nice gear, but no one has that yet. The magelo can only show one item per slot, which is sometimes clear cut (Druid Vulak arms are hands down BiS), but other times it is race dependent (Human Druids get VP robe, other Druids get PoM Chest) or otherwise ambiguous (Druid back slot could be a long discussion). I'd also say there are some class defining items like the Tunare FT3 Earring that are worth way, way more than almost all other gear. Lastly, there are a ton of clickies and vanity items that are hard to put a value on. Speedi has a 1HB primal and a dain ring 10, both of which I could argue aren't exactly needed to have BiS, but they are impressive and I think most would be jealous, as I am. Just saying max mana for a Druid defines BiS misses all the other functions of the class (and of course mana regen from FT1/2/3 plays a big deal in max mana as you cast spells, even if chain casting).

That said, for druid I know Eratani, Speedi, Runningfrenzy, and Jestuh are up there gear wise. Would require a closer inspection to crown the best, but I suspect Eratani takes it.
The OP's Magelo for a monk is pretty off.

The quote above is very spot on there are many factors for what BiS is. You have clickies then the actual gear that you wear... along with some people perhaps swaying for say 80 extra raw hp vs 100 ac

As for me vs Yumyum I have him in every stat except MAYBE ac...
Im 100% sure. Red has some similar geared monks, but I have no idea where they stand vs blue.

There are several monks on blue that are 6+ BiS items Awakened has about 9, Im sure Aftermath has at least 3, and even Hokushin who hasnt raided in a long time has if I remember correct 8 BiS items.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:28 PM
Kobold

ITT: red cucks claiming BIS for six months with no tunare kills. Not counting the required ft items from her for BIS theres other debatable items on her loot table. The only interesting thing this thread has brought up is for necro..doze boots or dragonscale boots. I suppose when SWC is put in then FT2 would be prefered over AOB.

I find BIS necro to be very interesting. Able to hit a point where youre gaining hp standing and also have ft8. So uber.

Some great geared rogue posted a magelo with some ntov belt vs dain or even lodizal belt. Just why?
Old 12-18-2016, 05:41 PM
Kobold

Being an autist im not sure how to interperate your boldened expressions. But i getca condescending feeling. If you guys want to claim BIS during an uncontested reign thats all fine abd good but no caster can claim BIS without tunare loot. Its even hard to put wurmscale fists or fist of lightning ahead of fist of nature given the proc.

Or even tunare dagger vs vyemm as bis.

Red has no reason to brag about bis chars when theyve never killed tunare and rarely aow.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:18 PM
Fire Giant

ignore red posters continue on with a good thread
Old 12-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

But you are a red player so we have to ignore your advice to ignore red players so we don't ignore you but then we have to take your advice and ignore red players, you being one we must ignore you but then

Fuck infinite loop
Old 12-19-2016, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handull [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mildly interesting idea for a thread, but a little misguided. Your attempt to define BiS is a little flawed. For one, your Monk Magelo link has Chardok 2.0 loot in it. Sure, it's nice gear, but no one has that yet. The magelo can only show one item per slot, which is sometimes clear cut (Druid Vulak arms are hands down BiS), but other times it is race dependent (Human Druids get VP robe, other Druids get PoM Chest) or otherwise ambiguous (Druid back slot could be a long discussion). I'd also say there are some class defining items like the Tunare FT3 Earring that are worth way, way more than almost all other gear. Lastly, there are a ton of clickies and vanity items that are hard to put a value on. Speedi has a 1HB primal and a dain ring 10, both of which I could argue aren't exactly needed to have BiS, but they are impressive and I think most would be jealous, as I am. Just saying max mana for a Druid defines BiS misses all the other functions of the class (and of course mana regen from FT1/2/3 plays a big deal in max mana as you cast spells, even if chain casting).

That said, for druid I know Eratani, Speedi, Runningfrenzy, and Jestuh are up there gear wise. Would require a closer inspection to crown the best, but I suspect Eratani takes it.
Thanks for the kind mention. But due to choice mainly, I have not had a piece of raid loot on my druid in over a year. So I am sure the others you listed have better gear than I have.

Also, you forgot Kluwen. He has pretty good gear as well! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2016, 12:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya'll sleeping on Kharizzar. Go inspect him if you want to see a geared Necro.
dude is BiS necro
Old 12-19-2016, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Lol, Fist of Nature is currently in game? There is zero evidence of this existing in Velious and a shit load of evidence indicating this wasn't added until Luclin.

Hopefully warriors are planning a sit-in for a decent Blade of Carnage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-19-2016, 04:09 PM
Fire Giant

Nowhere close to BiS. I've been lucky to pick up some nice items though along the way.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Aetholar
Wiki is calculating hp different though. Im actually at like 3458hp unbuffed. And yes, I know...still a ranger.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:45 PM
Kobold

Theres little evidence of much of tunare loot. But none that it wasnt there either since she was only killed a couple of times. Either way, whys it matter with two other h2h weps in game with the same ratio just missing proc
Closed Thread