Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unimportant guilds like Taken.
hell truly hath no fury
Old 09-20-2018, 01:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elerial [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont get it.

What difference does it make WHO logged on a Core tagged character during a raid ban and went to a raid zone?

If you are sharing your account, it has always been, always is and always will be the account owners responsibility if sonething untoward happens with the shared toons.

Solution is quite simple, either stop sharing accounts or share them with trusted people who wont fuck you up.

Lazy going to PoSky was a pretty dumb thing to do, all things considered. During a raid ban no less.
You are 100% correct. The account owner is 100% responsible for everyone who used their account and has the account info.

However, the guild should not be responsible for it. To extend the ban, and ultimately have that be a factor in every officer having their account suspended is ridiculous and abusive.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konfetti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only difference is the guilds involved. Franswa didn’t ask for tempest to be punished, just that Core not be punished for an action of a member of the guild who’s petition got Core suspended in the first place.

Why tempest isn’t held accountable for any of their wrongdoings, you’ll have to ask the people that make those decisions...
Tempest isn't being held responsible because Core has stated that it was an honest mistake and that they weren't trying to get Core in trouble. Whether that's true or not is debatable.

I'm not sure why a Tempest member would log onto an account that had been inactive for over a month to play a toon that before they logged on they had assumed was Core tagged, just to go to Hate. Sounds sketchy to me, but maybe i'm just nefarious.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

So anyone got the DL on why Sirken really hates Core so much? Looks like a lot of precedence getting broken with these suspensions. I mean, the video from Getsome was easily not a kite and about as clean of a pull as you could hope for. Someone really pissed in his cheerios.
Old 09-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it was 2 months before we could raid after the initial 30-day for Christmas. After our suspension, they raid suspended everyone till the abomination known as the class system was born from about a month of forced-at-gunpoint collaboration between people who absolutely hated each other, TMO, IB, BDA, and other unimportant guilds like Taken.
Those were the good old days!
Old 09-20-2018, 01:43 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are wrong and should look into the Hyjal v. Aftermath case. Staff did not blame the random Aftermath shaman and his account sharing. They blamed Hyjal for logging into the account and doing harm to a competitors guild.
I'm not a court litigator, so i don't *have* to look into anything. Besides, I'm not wrong.

All offenses are judged on a case by case basis. Staff rules at their discretion.
(Unless you've RMT'd, then you'll get a ban whether you earned 5$ or 5000swedish crowns)

I don't agree with suspending the entirety of Core's officers/leadership, but I didn't know about that until someone had pointed it out to me in private.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesaria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are wrong and should look into the Hyjal v. Aftermath case. Staff did not blame the random Aftermath shaman and his account sharing. They blamed Hyjal for logging into the account and doing harm to a competitors guild.
Aftermath had better legal counsel.
Old 09-20-2018, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella`Ella [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aftermath had better legal counsel.
Is your retainer that high these days? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wow
Old 09-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very discouraging if true
Closed Thread