Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM
Banned

Yeah, I've gotten screwed by that bug more than once.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:00 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This bug has been around for a while, but I dragged Spirell along to help me test it. This is with all vendors btw. Found the exact steps to reproduce this.

Multiple people go to one vendor. If one person buys or sells items to the vendor, causing the vendor to gain or lose a non-permanent item from stock, the table entries shift places.

Other players who had that window open will still purchase the correct items from the list, while all players still have their window open.

The moment the player that caused the vendor stock to shift closes the window, any players with their window still open will purchase incorrect items. Closing the window only executes that individual's changes.
I tested to see whether it would happen if someone else closed their window after I cleared out items, and it didn't.

So closing the window is the event that runs all of the queries on the actual table, maybe could give each spot in vendor stock an absolute reference in the table, since it's limited to a fixed amount of items in display, instead of allowing them to shift with each table update.
TL;DR: Known bug, vendors need a primary key.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

ok well this is a multi-player game, therefore it can be expected more than one person will be buying selling items on any specific vendor at any given time. Will this be addressed or do we just have to pray no one runs up and buys an item while we have the sale window open
Closed Thread