Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 05:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really hope they do this in Kunark too...there are so many super well designed kunark dungeons that nobody really uses much. rotate some of those through a ZEM and give the min/maxers a reason to get off the beaten path they have run down so many times.
Yeah would be nice, maybe something like:

170: Nurga, Dalnir
150: Kaesora, Emerald Jungle
135: Droga
125: Chardok, Howling Stones, Skyfire Mountains, Trakanon's Teeth, Warslik's Woods, Burning Woods, Swamp of No Hope, Timorous Deep
100: City of Mist, Kurn's Tower, Firiona Vie, Frontier Mountains, Field of Bone
85: The Overthere, Dreadlands, Lake of Ill Omen

Also bump up Lower Guk to 125, Sol B to 110, and Mistmoore to 100 after Kunark comes out, because otherwise they are too bad in comparison to everywhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Apparently it's not all about the exp. Ppl still avoid Kedge like the plauge.
It's a hard zone, underwater play makes things a lot more difficult. The exp mod there would actually be more relevant in Kunark era, as a place to potentially maximize exp gains for those high levels that take much longer to progress through. Maybe better cash drops would draw more people in; such a unique zone like this deserves to be fully utilized.

The Hole having a 150 mod doesn't feel right to me, that's a much easier zone to play in, and if people are able to get an amazing exp mod all the way to Level 60 in a safer spot like that, then why take the risk of going to Kedge for only a minimal potential boost? I would move The Hole down to a 125 mod, that's already enough to make it an attractive place to level.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah would be nice, maybe something like:

170: Nurga, Dalnir
150: Kaesora, Emerald Jungle
135: Droga
125: Chardok, Howling Stones, Skyfire Mountains, Trakanon's Teeth, Warslik's Woods, Burning Woods, Swamp of No Hope, Timorous Deep
100: City of Mist, Kurn's Tower, Firiona Vie, Frontier Mountains, Field of Bone
85: The Overthere, Dreadlands, Lake of Ill Omen

Also bump up Lower Guk to 125, Sol B to 110, and Mistmoore to 100 after Kunark comes out, because otherwise they are too bad in comparison to everywhere else.

It's a hard zone, underwater play makes things a lot more difficult. The exp mod there would actually be more relevant in Kunark era, as a place to potentially maximize exp gains for those high levels that take much longer to progress through. Maybe better cash drops would draw more people in; such a unique zone like this deserves to be fully utilized.

The Hole having a 150 mod doesn't feel right to me, that's a much easier zone to play in, and if people are able to get an amazing exp mod all the way to Level 60 in a safer spot like that, then why take the risk of going to Kedge for only a minimal potential boost? I would move The Hole down to a 125 mod, that's already enough to make it an attractive place to level.
If you wipe in the hole isn’t it hard to get back in?
Old 06-07-2020, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you wipe in the hole isn’t it hard to get back in?
That can be said about many dungeons, don't you think? The Hole actually has the advantage of being able to use alt characters who worship Brell Serilis to safely pass through some of the areas and drag corpses. In terms of fighting there, things are more spread out and less prone to trains than a lot of other dungeons, and as an Old World zone you get to use Manastone too. With a 125 exp modifier it would still be one of the best places to grind exp for the higher levels.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:10 PM
Banned

East to break / pull camps and lots of mobs are more important then min maxing zone mods

sorry if your bad at everquest ( Zuranthium basically )

rolled right off red

see you in thurgadin !
Old 06-07-2020, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

You might want to try some proper sentence construction instead of trolling. Obviously there's more than the ZEM that determines if a zone is worthwhile to play in or not. That's what I was literally just talking about. Not sure what your Thurgadin mention is about, but come Velious era, I'd definitely like to see Tower of Frozen Shadow get a big ZEM boost.
Old 06-07-2020, 07:02 PM
Sarnak

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore works well too.
Old 06-08-2020, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Kedge is amazing now. I did 47-50 there in 3 sessions. In a group chain pulling pirahnas and sharks I was getting close to 20% an hour as a ranger with the hybrid penalty. It is most definitely BYOG though. No pugs there.
Old 06-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen. Terrible location, faction hits we all don't want to take (even though Kerran Lives Don't Matter), and poor mob placement make this one of the most underused dungeons in the game (if not THE most). It needs a decent ZEM.
It needs to just be a player city. Make Kerrans playable post Velious instead of moon cats. Warrior, Monk, Rogue, Shaman.