Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Default Green Solo Challenge Thread?

Does this exist yet? Couldn't find it if it does...but wanted to check before I tried to make one.

If it doesn't, I propose similar rules that we did on Blue.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think those rules could maybe use some updating. For one thing they didn't include Velious (not that Green does either ... yet ... but it will someday). More importantly changes to the game (eg. clicky nerfs) have also had an impact.

Personally I'd love to see solo artists come up with a "challenge 2.0", and there's already a wiki page for the effort: http://wiki.project1999.com/Solo%20Artist%20Challenge

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

FWIW I've currently soloed to 43 as a warrior, does that count? Trying to figure out where to go next. Need mobs at level 32-33 ideally. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 06-06-2020, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does this exist yet? Couldn't find it if it does...but wanted to check before I tried to make one.

Would love for separations for Classic, Kunark & Velious. Solo Artist Challenges.
If you want to put together a list for green and don't want to mess with the wiki. I'll gladly transfer it over as best possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FWIW I've currently soloed to 43 as a warrior, does that count? Trying to figure out where to go next. Need mobs at level 32-33 ideally. Anyone have any ideas?
This thread is about soloing named or special mobs. Not regular leveling/soloing trash mobs.
For example: Soloing http://wiki.project1999.com/The_froglok_king

The Solo Artist Challenge is a long time bragging rights challenge for soloing some of the hardest mobs p99 has to offer.
Froglok King is in the warmup tier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I believe this was the first iteration publicly? 2012
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=80165
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 06-06-2020 at 07:57 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 08:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As Baler said that's not really what this thread is about, but to answer your question: EchoLocation8's Solo Warrior Guide or try the Per-Level Hunting Guide.

The latter is more general purpose: it's not geared especially towards Warriors. However, that doesn't mean you can't solo many of the spots on it ... it just means no Warrior has done so, and then edited the wiki to say as much afterwards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-06-2020 at 08:34 PM..
Old 06-06-2020, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

BTW ... and this is sort of a tangent so I apologize FastBoy if I'm derailing, but ...

I've been toying with the idea of implementing "Achievements", in the form of wiki templates you can add to your Magelo, to then add a small banner below your Magelo. As a basic proof of concept, see my (fake) max faction achievement: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Loramin

My question is, if I made similar templates for the Solo Artist ranks ... would people actually use them?

All the details are TBD of course (eg. would it be one achievement per rank, or one per kill?) And if the idea caught on maybe we could get someone cool like Deezy to draw a cool graphic instead of the one I'm using there. But I'm just wondering if in general this idea interests people.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:56 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-07-2020, 02:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Froglok King is in the warmup tier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm what about Lich of Miragul ?
Old 06-07-2020, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

This thread is one of several painful expressions of the horrible wrongness of p99 non-raid play. You EQ solo play worshippers should all be ashamed of yourselves and delete every one of your caster toons, along with the melee/hybrid toons they twinked, without giving away any stuff. kthxbye
Old 06-07-2020, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

Not completely relevant to this thread. However this thread reminded me of an old shadow knight forum thread: http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?t=123
Closed Thread