Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 04-30-2022, 05:37 PM
Banned

^
I’m emailing this to the DMV in response. Almost $1k for a 2 year registration is a rip off!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 77A4BD06-C019-4FBC-A5DB-D35D84239ADE.jpg (22.8 KB, 2 views)
Old 04-30-2022, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not home but this is apparently another reason why you don’t want to buy a newer year car (+ car’s inflated price)

Registering it now costs *3* times as much as it used to!

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WA has passed $30 car tab law like 5 times.

And boy oh boy, it has each time been declared to violate the state Consitution and strucked down.

Makes me like that we the governed youtube man.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:15 PM
Planar Protector

Wow this is the positive thing Ive seen happen in politics in a long time, this seems like a great idea https://www.mercurynews.com/2022/05/...e-home-buyers/
Old 05-04-2022, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

0.5% is a big hike for the fed?
Old 05-20-2022, 12:59 AM
Planar Protector

Raisng the interest rates to combat inflation is a hilarious idea IMO. It's like literally saying this in my opinion:

"We're going to make it impossible for you to afford to do anything anymore and that should lower prices."

The banks and the wealthy are robbing the people of this country blind and it is a ticking time bomb.

While the market prices drop, they will buy everything in cash, and their lives wont change a bit while they make HUGE profits and the vast majority of americans, from the upper middle class and below, will all be paying the price for it.

It's fucking insane to me I cant believe people live in this wacko world.

Last edited by Jibartik; 05-20-2022 at 01:03 AM..
Old 05-20-2022, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raisng the interest rates to combat inflation is a hilarious idea IMO. It's like literally saying this in my opinion:

"We're going to make it impossible for you to afford to do anything anymore and that should lower prices."

The banks and the wealthy are robbing the people of this country blind and it is a ticking time bomb.

While the market prices drop, they will buy everything in cash, and their lives wont change a bit while they make HUGE profits and the vast majority of americans, from the upper middle class and below, will all be paying the price for it.

It's fucking insane to me I cant believe people live in this wacko world.

Right now zoning ordinances and regulations have more impact on housing supply than the government loan interest rate.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:12 AM
Planar Protector

raising the interest rates really hits more than just the home market, the stock market, everything the little guy is able to invest in, basically suffers, and then the cash owners just buy it all from the desperate poor, and then it goes back up.

I swear to god this is like the greatest heist going on right now.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
raising the interest rates really hits more than just the home market, the stock market, everything the little guy is able to invest in, basically suffers, and then the cash owners just buy it all from the desperate poor, and then it goes back up.

I swear to god this is like the greatest heist going on right now.
How?
Old 05-20-2022, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

I just said!

They raise the interest rates, this lowers investments and stock market goes down (as it is doing) and housing prices go down as mortgage rates go up. yada yada.

The poor, unable to buy homes, unable to invest in a collapsing market, sell their stocks, stop investing, and the cost of thigns go down.

And all while that missery is happening, the wealthy swoop in and buy all that shit at super low low prices from desperate sellers, and, then over time the economy gets stronger and the wealth has been transferred from the 99%, to the 1%

the raelly fucked up thing is during all of this, none of it is driven by the market, all of it, is driven by dials controlled inside the FED.

They turned us into the matrix machine, where they can squeeze more energy out of us but it burns us out more... its crazy.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I just said!

They raise the interest rates, this lowers investments and stock market goes down (as it is doing) and housing prices go down as mortgage rates go up. yada yada.

The poor, unable to buy homes, unable to invest in a collapsing market, sell their stocks, stop investing, and the cost of thigns go down.

And all while that missery is happening, the wealthy swoop in and buy all that shit at super low low prices from desperate sellers, and, then over time the economy gets stronger and the wealth has been transferred from the 99%, to the 1%

the raelly fucked up thing is during all of this, none of it is driven by the market, all of it, is driven by dials controlled inside the FED.

They turned us into the matrix machine, where they can squeeze more energy out of us but it burns us out more... its crazy.
What's that got to do with government interest?