Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 06-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Default UI: HP bar not updating with charms?

I've been charm soloing in a few dungeons (kerra isle, sola, najena) and have frequently been having an issue where the HP bar for an enemy and/or my pet gets stuck at a given % and won't update for an indefinite period of time. Sometimes it updates after I tab back and forth a few times, sometimes it starts updating on its own without any target changing, sometimes the mob stays stuck at 73% hp until it suddenly dies.

Is this a probable issue with my UI (using duxaui I think) or client files or something? Or an issue with charm?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:24 AM
Fire Giant

Known issue. Best fix is just to press escape and retarget
Old 06-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Known issue. Best fix is just to press escape and retarget
This is the best thing you can do while the developers try to come up with a solution.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

I think I was just reproducing it successfully (did it 2 or 3 times in a row):

From nearby and in sight, I targetted my enemy then targetted my pet. Then I ran out of LOS down a ramp a ways (I was still in casting range if I had had LOS, I believe) and used the "switch between last two targets key." This bugged the enemy's hit point bar.

The only way I could get the HP to refresh was to move back into LOS, escape to clear target, then retarget with tab or a click. No combo of toggling between last target or /assisting my pet or anything updated HP until after I moved into sight of the enemy and cleared target and retargetted manually.

Edit after more fiddling - definite seems to be connected to line of sight. Looks like I didn't even need to escape to clear target on my most recent fight, but I did have to be in line of sight when toggling between targets or else HP wouldn't update. And then even when I move into range, HP wouldn't update on their own... I'd have to flick between targets for it to refresh.

Edit 2 - only switching off of a target while it is out of LOS seems to start the issue. HP were just updating fine with a target out of LOS, but as soon as I switched targets then switched back, HP bar was frozen in place.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-08-2016 at 01:09 PM..
Old 06-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Hmph. Can't edit again right nwo for some reason.

Anyway, apparently it isnt JUST line of sight that is the issue. Standing around a wall but very close to a target didn't cause switching targets to trigger the HP bar freeze. But backing up (and I'm in Najena, where the shadow/lighting causes you to not be able to see a target at a pretty short distances, inside of casting range) until it disappeared in the shadows caused the bug to start.

Sorry if this is all known already. I didn't see another thread about it in a quick search.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmph. Can't edit again right nwo for some reason.
30 minutes have passed.