Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 03-28-2015, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bump.

Found a few more instances that suggest level 51+ mobs should be dropping 55-57 (maybe 58/59) spells in Kunark. Mobs like Black Reavers and certain trash in Sebilis/Chardok are currently not dropping this level of spells, they only drop 51-54 range spells.
I have personally seen coth drop from the bottom floor reaver in COM (edit: on P99)

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 03-29-2015, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have personally seen coth drop from the bottom floor reaver in COM (edit: on P99)
I have killed... probably 300-400 black reavers. Never seen anything but 51-54s on them on P99.

Are you sure it wasn't from a Ghost spawn after the reaver chain?
Old 03-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have killed... probably 300-400 black reavers. Never seen anything but 51-54s on them on P99.

Are you sure it wasn't from a Ghost spawn after the reaver chain?
Yknow I had the same thought after I posted and talked to the guy about it..it DID drop off the ghost, not the reaver, Touche!

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:14 AM
Planar Protector

Bump. Velious is soon. This means players will be EXPing less in Kunark zones and therefore getting less Kunark spells to drop.

Could we maybe try to implement the updated list of mobs capable of dropping 55-57 spells according to the bug posts here so that getting Kunark spells at that point is a little less painful?
Old 09-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

bump
Old 09-20-2015, 03:55 PM
VIP / Contributor

I can tell you that I put considerable effort into making sure the skyfire cycles were correct, and that they do reliably drop spells from the 56-59 list. It's actually a little easier here because the area is not as crowded as it should be.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned

minor correction to above: nez is 51 and some gullerbacks are 51
Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Bump.

Mobs which are mid 40-50 that drop spells currently are correctly dropping 51-54 spells.

Mobs of level 51+ (who summon) in Kunark who currently drop 51-54 spells should instead be dropping level 51-57 Spells. A list of these mobs:

Sebilis Trash 51+
Chardok Trash 51+
Skyfire Trash 51+
Howling Stones Trash 51+
Black Reavers (CoM)
**Gullerback / Nezekezena / Azdalin / Phurzikon (BW)

**These mobs arent all 51 but they are regularly listed as droppers of 51-55 spells.

Currently on P99, it seems that a mob needs to be level 53-55+ to drop level 55-57 spells, this should not be the case.
Bump. Velious is out. Kunark is slain less. Having classic spell drops where 55-57s drop from more frequented areas like they did during classic would be awesome.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:04 PM
Banned

this always bugged me, somehow first time i see thread

for a player that raided classic and did the upper tier kunark zones in classic, this is very obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can tell you that I put considerable effort into making sure the skyfire cycles were correct, and that they do reliably drop spells from the 56-59 list. It's actually a little easier here because the area is not as crowded as it should be.
/shrug, bane of nife costs about as much on red as a fungi, while torpor and the likes can be found for under 15k, 10k really .. if anyone thinks torpor was cheaper or less rare then bane of nife in classic, welp ..

further, they should not drop 59 spells, as they are too low in level, obviously:

http://www.thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3886.html

Quote:
Spell Drops: The Named Cycles drop a number of 50+ spells, not including level 59 and 60 spells. One significant missing spell, however, is Regrowth of the Grove.
yep, 2001
Last edited by derpcake; 02-17-2016 at 01:08 PM..
Old 06-15-2016, 05:51 AM
Fire Giant

BUMP