Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-29-2014, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I guess that link does imply that they were dropped during Kunark, but the idea of them being able to just permanently turn into the Vib Hammer/Gaunts is kinda funny.
I'm assuming that's what was broken, you click ancient gaunts as get wrong item id resulting in vibrating hammer which has a click to change to vibrating gaunts, so they fucked up in making the ancient shissar hammer if that's even what it was supposed to transmute to
Old 05-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castigate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but from what I see on castersrealm, I would tend to believe that these should be dropping off basically any Kunark mob that is about 51 or 52+
Where are the comments you saw that make you think this?

Edit - oops, I didn't look at all of the links. That's pretty crazy if 55-59 spells should have been dropping off of random level low-level crap (two of those zam comments mention mobs that can't even be above level 50 on p99, iirc)
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 05-29-2014 at 02:40 PM..
Old 07-28-2014, 07:15 PM
Sarnak

Bump
Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where are the comments you saw that make you think this?

Edit - oops, I didn't look at all of the links. That's pretty crazy if 55-59 spells should have been dropping off of random level low-level crap (two of those zam comments mention mobs that can't even be above level 50 on p99, iirc)
And thus why all posts are not considered gospel.

I did not do HS much. But I spent what seemed like years farming in skyfire. Max spell levels seemed to typically never exceed mob level. The higher the level the more rare.

And it takes ages to get torpor and malo off guardian wurms. But they did drop. I would say about 1:100 for those highest level spells.

H
Old 07-30-2014, 02:32 PM
Banned

100 guardian wurms so 1.2k per wurm? Sounds gud.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100 guardian wurms so 1.2k per wurm? Sounds gud.
I got two malo and one torpor from them. Never a pox of bertox.

Died 3 times from Talendor because he sucks when he comes over the hill.

Guardians were one of fun challenges. Kite mob around with SK until slow landed. Then pray. And luck was sometimes good. Sometimes would play the kite/summon game letting pets beat him tapping every chance while shm was doing canni dance.

Good times.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Bump.

Found a few more instances that suggest level 51+ mobs should be dropping 55-57 (maybe 58/59) spells in Kunark. Mobs like Black Reavers and certain trash in Sebilis/Chardok are currently not dropping this level of spells, they only drop 51-54 range spells.

As for the Reavers:

Allakhazam - Black Reaver

May 2001

Quote:
Today my guild got CotH off of one, didnt think they dropped spells but they do now i guess
January 2001

Quote:
55+ spells. These guys are a good source of level 55+ spells but don't drop them nearly as frequent as a lvl 60 mob would.
Allakhazam - Neh'Ashiir

January 2001

Quote:
neh'ashiir like other lvl 51+ kunark mobs drops lvl 55+ spells sometimes but not frequent enough to camp her specifically for spells.
Speaking more to the general rule that 51+ can drop 55-59, I just think the lower the mob the lower the chance of the high level spells.

EQCaster's Realm - Call of the Hero (55)

January 2001

Quote:
FOUND IT, By Kaylan shadowveil (1/28/2001)

I just got this spell off of a bottomless devourer in Sky Fire that conned blue at 59.
Quote:
FABULOUS SPELL, By Ielen (1/28/2001)

I got this spell of a Sarnak mob in Chardok. It consumes a pearl everytime you cast on a targeted member who is far away. Best used to replace outgoing members in a group, where the leader will gate to invite incoming member and then both of them will be summoned.

Caster's Realm - Forlorn Deeds (57)

January 2001

Quote:
GOT THIS IN SKYFIRE, By Calli (1/28/2001)

Off a Mature Chromadraco.
EQCaster's Realm - Enlightenment (57)

January 2001

Quote:
DROPPED IN CHARDOK, By Sybiene (1/28/2001)

This spell dropped in Chardok once. We were fighting near zone out and pulling up to the first couple bridges. Don't recall what had it exactly.
Quote:
DROPPED IN SKYFIRE, By Stepy (1/28/2001)

Looted it off a Mature Chromadrac.
EQCaster's Realm - Frost (57)

Quote:
DROP INFO, By Lirad (1/28/2001)

Got it in Skyfire as well, off a level 52 lava walker.
Quote:
WHERE I GOT IT, By Mixelplix (1/28/2001)

Found it on a Drake in Skyfire.
I'm sure I can find more. But the tl;dr is that trash mobs that are in Kunark and summon (51+) should most all drop spells that are 55-57. The lower they are the lower likelihood they drop higher spells is my guess but they should still occasionally drop 55s with reasonable frequency.
Last edited by Daldaen; 08-26-2014 at 12:44 PM..
Old 08-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Banned

Nice

I do remember Skyfire being the "common knowledge" place to go for kunark spells.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Bump.

Mobs which are mid 40-50 that drop spells currently are correctly dropping 51-54 spells.

Mobs of level 51+ (who summon) in Kunark who currently drop 51-54 spells should instead be dropping level 51-57 Spells. A list of these mobs:

Sebilis Trash 51+
Chardok Trash 51+
Skyfire Trash 51+
Howling Stones Trash 51+
Black Reavers (CoM)
**Gullerback / Nezekezena / Azdalin / Phurzikon (BW)

**These mobs arent all 51 but they are regularly listed as droppers of 51-55 spells.

Currently on P99, it seems that a mob needs to be level 53-55+ to drop level 55-57 spells, this should not be the case.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Bump.