Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

Default EQFriends + LogNotifier tools

Just re-posting a couple tools I've done some work on.

One is called EQFriends which can help with syncing friends lists between multiple toons, as well as a Logfile Notifier tool that can email/text you when an item you're interested in appears in /auc (or any other chat channel).

Both tools are completely free open source code, so you can build an run your own version, or you can just simply run the pre-compiled Windows releases which I have linked below (same links in my sig).

EQFriends Consolidation Tool:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or
Register.]

Auction/Logfile Notifier:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or
Register.]

Pretty sure those old threads are locked by now, but feel free to post any comments/questions regarding either of the tools here, and I'd be happy to help out.

Cheers!

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 12-07-2021, 09:10 AM
Banned

Love logfile notifier. thanks for making it.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtMacklinFBI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Love logfile notifier. thanks for making it.
Thanks, glad you find it useful!

Old 12-07-2021, 03:28 PM
Aviak

Logfile Notifier is a great logfile scraper/alarmer. Here's an item that I had to figure out, that might be useful for you to include in the notes somewhere:

In gmail, you must turn on the "Less Secure App Access". By default, that setting is Off (true as of 2020). If you don't turn that On, the Gmail does not allow the LogNotifier program to do its thing. The setting in your google account = Allow less secure apps: ON
Old 12-07-2021, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Salimoneus is literally a dwarf, wearing a full set of mithril smithed golden leafed armor he pulled from the depths deep in a mine he dug himself, smithed by his own hands inside giant furnaces that he spends night after night building deep within the cracky mountains far from where any adventurer has ever set foot.

Every few moons salimoneus will step down from his mysterious refuge and give jewels and treasures to the people that toil below.

A mortal who built himself into a god.
Old 12-07-2021, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logfile Notifier is a great logfile scraper/alarmer. Here's an item that I had to figure out, that might be useful for you to include in the notes somewhere:

In gmail, you must turn on the "Less Secure App Access". By default, that setting is Off (true as of 2020). If you don't turn that On, the Gmail does not allow the LogNotifier program to do its thing. The setting in your google account = Allow less secure apps: ON
Yes that's likely a required step if using gmail, I think Google has tightened up security on SMTP access in the last couple years. Thanks for adding that tip!

Old 12-07-2021, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Salimoneus is literally a dwarf, wearing a full set of mithril smithed golden leafed armor he pulled from the depths deep in a mine he dug himself, smithed by his own hands inside giant furnaces that he spends night after night building deep within the cracky mountains far from where any adventurer has ever set foot.

Every few moons salimoneus will step down from his mysterious refuge and give jewels and treasures to the people that toil below.

A mortal who built himself into a god.
How eloquently spoken, and reasonably near truth, are these words spoken by the mighty Jibartik. Hopefully our paths will cross one day soon, preferably at the saloon!

Old 01-07-2022, 09:53 PM
Sarnak

Bump for any newbies who might find these useful.

Closed Thread