Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-26-2021, 12:31 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Notification for Big Sur/Mac compatibility

Just wondering where I should keep an eye out to see any notifications of when this will he compatible with the new MacBook either with or without the MI chip.
Old 04-04-2021, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Catalina and all MacOS going forward do not support 32 bit apps, don't hold your breath for this to work. You would be better off using Parallels or any other virtual machine and install an earlier version of the OS for Everquest.
Old 04-04-2021, 08:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Catalina and all MacOS going forward do not support 32 bit apps, don't hold your breath for this to work. You would be better off using Parallels or any other virtual machine and install an earlier version of the OS for Everquest.
Would one be better off just installing a windows OS in parallels rather than a 32bit Mac OS? As far as compatibility goes I mean. Running Mac requires wineskin and all that, correct?
Old 06-11-2021, 01:35 PM
Aviak

Glad I found this thread. My MacOS install of EQ/P99 used to work fine but lately WineSkin won't launch, can't download new "engines", etc. Time to boot up a Windows 7 machine I guess. #WCGW
Old 06-11-2021, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Once my macbook upgraded to Big Sur (I was trying to keep it Mojave, but had to upgrade for work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ), I have to use Parallels to run P99. It works fine now, but is a little janky on launch, I have to swap between windows and fullscreen mode to fix the resolution, otherwise it's very pixelated. But! It is possible to run P99 on a Big Sur macbook.
Old 12-31-2022, 10:56 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I just bought a laptop on sale from Best Buy for $99 and it runs better than when I played on my $1200 MacBook Pro.
Old 05-18-2023, 07:57 PM
Aviak

I have been playing P1999 on my M1 Mac for the past few weeks via Crossover. Find CXPatcher - that worked for me.
Old 05-24-2023, 10:53 AM
Sarnak

I play in parallels on an M2 Macbook Pro. Definitely has slight hitches that I didn't experience on windows proper, but it works fine.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:47 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrizien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been playing P1999 on my M1 Mac for the past few weeks via Crossover. Find CXPatcher - that worked for me.
Crossover works on 2015 Macbook pro(intel chips, 64bit) too, without cxpatcher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-05-2023, 11:48 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calrizien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm trying to get this to work via Crossover as well, but I'm having trouble getting it to run. Would you please post the steps you went through to get it working on M1 via Crossover?