Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t rely on procs. Get the best possible haste you can. White damage is the most reliable.
Yeah, like Scepter of Destruction
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, like Scepter of Destruction
lol'd
Old 01-11-2022, 11:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t rely on procs. Get the best possible haste you can. White damage is the most reliable.
^ Bump ^

This guy is 100% right! In every mmorpg ive played a tank and just your white damage output alone is usually your best reliable threat. So warriors get that ATK up! fk those rogues
Old 01-12-2022, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

blanket advice like that isnt helpful, not part of the discussion point really.

i know white damage makes up more than 1/2 your aggro and maximizing haste to improve it further is key to holding agro. this is a question about a specific weapon and its odd and poorly documented proc. the fact that its an 11/18 weapon already means it has great white damage. already have haste.

the question is really closer to 'is this better than other comparable ratio weapons with a typical spell effect proc of 400 + DD aggro, or is the dot/heal of the mob actually counter productive compared to more easily acquirable weapons'
Old 01-12-2022, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

The heal does not reduce hate, there is no such mechanic related to reducing hate by healing NPCs in this game.

Feverblade is second best threat generation in game behind SoD. That does not make it the best tanking weapon, though, because it lacks good tanking stats.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:40 AM
Fire Giant

Im not sure if the devs capping proc aggro to 400 includes capping the dd hate as well or what. Idk if theres a way to reliably test or not otherwise its just what someone thinks.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not sure if the devs capping proc aggro to 400 includes capping the dd hate as well or what. Idk if theres a way to reliably test or not otherwise its just what someone thinks.
They have been testing weapons using that high hp turtle in Iceclad.
Found that the lowest delay wep offhand is better agro regardless of proc. And for primary the vp weapon is best (besides sod obviously), because the hate generated is by how many times you swing and not the weapons damage ..

So best setup for agro is currently pox blade primary, krez flame offhand or nev horn (15 delay is why, the proc doesn't do much).

I still use red blade primary/ trident or jaleenas katana offhand and do just fine though /nod.
Old 01-16-2022, 05:24 PM
Fire Giant

that feverblade dagger looks so bad plus its piercing lol i did win it for 3dkp tho i guess i can cope
Old 01-16-2022, 06:53 PM
Sarnak

i actually like the graphic /shrug
Old 01-20-2022, 10:27 AM
Fire Giant

After overpaying for a fever blade it is all I use now, not even joking, the agro is way better then red blade and to be honest I'm about to bank the red blade...sad but the agro from fever / katana is just so much more reliable