Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 04:55 PM
Banned

i feel bad for enchanters lol

their second/third set of spells go for tons of plat for such an early level
Old 01-20-2022, 08:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now a lot of people are in here talking about experience blah blah blah they hold this weird elitist viewpoint of top end guilds. I'm here to tell you, if you proactively try to fuckin help the guild, you'll get in to the guild. Here's an example.

25% of the modern p99 raid consists of a raid leader begging someone to fucking do a random task. This could be as basic shit as, someone go pick up a DA idol in wc, or I need someone to tag this mob out and go die, Who can go do that? Which is often met by crickets, even in the most top end, hardcore raiding guilds. You know what a raid leader fucking loves to hear? "Hey this is X, I never did it before, or i'm completely new to raiding, let me know what to do and I can try to do it" Guarantee they get an instant hard on. If this can be you, you and your significant other will have absolutely no issue joining any top raiding guild, as long as you actually show up to the raids (It's really not that difficult to show up to 20-30% of raids)
Highest level character I ever got on this server was a 53 wizard. I was always that guy who'd drop what he was doing to port someone in the guild who asked. Kept my bind points close to where I was hunting for that reason. Tried my best to be a team player in that way, and helped with other things too like transfers whenever folks asked.

Despite that, my last guild would laugh at me when I had questions (like what was the "plate room" in Kael). They would leave me totally hanging when I needed help. I struggled greatly at quad kiting, to the point where I'd die after every successful quad or two (damn those backstabbing birds). Never was successful in getting a KC strike force going for the Concussion spell quest.

For the most part I just wanted to be able to join the guild for some group activities, to be included for some exp, so I wasn't forced to have to crawl to 60 in vain through solo quad-kiting that I hated and honestly sucked at.

Really don't know what to do anymore. I just honestly don't feel like I have a place here. Never felt very strong in neither the game mechanics or the social departments. All I ever wanted was to see some of the cooler higher level zones and maybe earn something that can't simply be bought in the EC tunnel.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highest level character I ever got on this server was a 53 wizard. I was always that guy who'd drop what he was doing to port someone in the guild who asked. Kept my bind points close to where I was hunting for that reason. Tried my best to be a team player in that way, and helped with other things too like transfers whenever folks asked.

Despite that, my last guild would laugh at me when I had questions (like what was the "plate room" in Kael). They would leave me totally hanging when I needed help. I struggled greatly at quad kiting, to the point where I'd die after every successful quad or two (damn those backstabbing birds). Never was successful in getting a KC strike force going for the Concussion spell quest.

For the most part I just wanted to be able to join the guild for some group activities, to be included for some exp, so I wasn't forced to have to crawl to 60 in vain through solo quad-kiting that I hated and honestly sucked at.

Really don't know what to do anymore. I just honestly don't feel like I have a place here. Never felt very strong in neither the game mechanics or the social departments. All I ever wanted was to see some of the cooler higher level zones and maybe earn something that can't simply be bought in the EC tunnel.
Wizard is a lonely class to play, it's a class that rarely is needed in a group setting and depends mostly on solo play to advance. I highly recommend looking into a class that suits your playstyle better. If you are seeking a more inclusive experience that gets you on the fast track to other more interesting content, I advise you choose something like a Cleric.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard is a lonely class to play, it's a class that rarely is needed in a group setting and depends mostly on solo play to advance. I highly recommend looking into a class that suits your playstyle better. If you are seeking a more inclusive experience that gets you on the fast track to other more interesting content, I advise you choose something like a Cleric.
Honest question though, how does a wizard earn those cool clickies and group quest spells they need without having a group?

Heck, I only ended up getting my Staff of Temp Flux because my other highest char was a 45 mage and I basically cheated with him.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:41 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honest question though, how does a wizard earn those cool clickies and group quest spells they need without having a group?

Heck, I only ended up getting my Staff of Temp Flux because my other highest char was a 45 mage and I basically cheated with him.
You'll need a Necro or an Enchanter for the KC and CoM pieces because the Human Skeletons need to be charmed to hand in the bottle. You'll definitely need help from a friend/guildie for that quest. Agreed, though. It's a pain.

You don't have to give up on your Wizard, you can play other more group-friendly classes to make friends and call upon them for a favour when you need help with something.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll need a Necro or an Enchanter for the KC and CoM pieces because the Human Skeletons need to be charmed to hand in the bottle. You'll definitely need help from a friend/guildie for that quest. Agreed, though. It's a pain.

You don't have to give up on your Wizard, you can play other more group-friendly classes to make friends and call upon them for a favour when you need help with something.
Yup I know. It was a pain because...
1. I don't know KC at all beyond the zone-in line, as the only times I've been there were to evac people. No one's asked me to join a group in there to come kill with them.
2. I don't know any enchanters or necromancers that would be willing to come help with that sort of thing, and the guildy ones would never respond.

There were other clickies I've tried to get too, like the pegasus feather cloak, but every time I go to SK there are coordinated groups of friends working the spawn and a loner like me doesn't have a chance there. I did manage to buy the JBoots MQ after camping the longsword sisters in OOT for days. Then there are things like the epic and the velious class clicky armors that are probably beyond me.

Meanwhile I look around and other folks seem to get people around them to bend over backwards to help them with everything and anything they need. I always wished for that kind of friendship and inclusion.

I've tried group-friendly classes in the past like paladin, cleric and rogue, but when looking for a group and being unsuccessful I was always at a loss of what to do.
Old 01-21-2022, 01:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Do you play on Blue at all? Join Yoremy Tessmia if so; they would be right up your alley
Old 01-21-2022, 02:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you play on Blue at all? Join Yoremy Tessmia if so; they would be right up your alley
I joined P99 pretty late, and made my first Blue character about a year before Green was opened. I do have something of a presence there though, and was actually thinking of trying to start fresh as a necromancer (or maybe a shadowknight) on Blue as I haven't been able to get anywhere on Green.

I'll look them up. Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by tadkins; 01-21-2022 at 02:59 AM..
Old 01-21-2022, 03:42 PM
Kobold

It sounds like most your issues come from unhelpful guildmates. I'd recommend finding a new guild.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I joined P99 pretty late, and made my first Blue character about a year before Green was opened. I do have something of a presence there though, and was actually thinking of trying to start fresh as a necromancer (or maybe a shadowknight) on Blue as I haven't been able to get anywhere on Green.

I'll look them up. Thanks for the advice.
Yeah definitely take a look. In my they’re like a better version of Castle and Dawn Believers (the latter no longer really exists). Lots of people throughout the level ranges and generally people are very helpful.

They have an “epic night” every Sunday where people can submit what they’re looking for on their epics and groups will get together to go take down whatever they can that happens to be up at the time. You could also probably organize people at other times pretty easily as well via in game or discord. They also do Kael nights if you need any drops for Velious class armor. Do spell farm nights in Skyfire as well for those 50+ Kunark spells that are NPC drop. And just general other pick up stuff like random crawls through Velks and Seb etc. one of the best and most organized/active guilds outside the hardcore raiding guilds that I’ve seen on P99.
Closed Thread