Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 02:21 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure about like 59 but what about the othmir in CS? I think some would still be blue at 57.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:25 AM
Fire Giant

Rats in PoM as others have mentioned are a great option.

You can also do elementals in the hole, though it takes some practice avoiding wall heals. Start at the balcony area of the castle halfway up. There's 2 pathers. Kill the far one first then work your way around, pulling to the balcony. The exp does fall off a bit at 59.

Other hole options are fallen erudites if you flop/ivu your way down to UT and rat jail, which is more a duo spot, but I solo'd there a bit with buffs.

Perma pits are pretty solable as well, but a bit of a schlep.

I've never done Grik in Swamp of No Hope, but I've heard he's a thing. Static spawn 6 min timer.

Lastly there are the frontier mountain giants. Not sure how a monk would fare, but it's certain accessible, being only a hammer away.

There's geo's also, but I personally find them to be terrible.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:10 AM
Planar Protector

Another day, another thread being argued into irrelevance / oblivion by DSM.

OP, what you're looking for is LDCs if you want a chill change of pace. Added bonus of the gypsy camp right out there in lava where you can sell / restock. +1 for PoM rats, too.

These elves arguing HS in a "monk casual solo" thread be off they rockers.
Last edited by Toxigen; 01-21-2022 at 07:12 AM..
Old 01-21-2022, 07:37 AM
Planar Protector

LDCs means lavaduct crawlers in soldungb / nagafen’s lair in case you didn’t know. It’s a good shout.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-21-2022, 10:16 AM
Fire Giant

If you want lazy afk, jacker in neriak is right up your alley. He is a sk, but with his 7 Min spawn lots of time to heal up.
Old 01-21-2022, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another day, another thread being argued into irrelevance / oblivion by DSM.

OP, what you're looking for is LDCs if you want a chill change of pace. Added bonus of the gypsy camp right out there in lava where you can sell / restock. +1 for PoM rats, too.

These elves arguing HS in a "monk casual solo" thread be off they rockers.
I am just helping people get the correct information. Sorry you like playing the game with incorrect information. Hope this helps.

I originally suggested PoM if you check the thread, but since people were discussing HS, I weighed in on that. HS is a great leveling zone if you take the time to learn it, the xp is fantastic.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rats in PoM as others have mentioned are a great option.

You can also do elementals in the hole, though it takes some practice avoiding wall heals. Start at the balcony area of the castle halfway up. There's 2 pathers. Kill the far one first then work your way around, pulling to the balcony. The exp does fall off a bit at 59.

Other hole options are fallen erudites if you flop/ivu your way down to UT and rat jail, which is more a duo spot, but I solo'd there a bit with buffs.

Perma pits are pretty solable as well, but a bit of a schlep.

I've never done Grik in Swamp of No Hope, but I've heard he's a thing. Static spawn 6 min timer.

Lastly there are the frontier mountain giants. Not sure how a monk would fare, but it's certain accessible, being only a hammer away.

There's geo's also, but I personally find them to be terrible.
The two Giants at the end of the tunnel you mean? IIRC they have a ton of HP so probably couldn't solo them as a melee unless you had some sort of fear spell. Grik is probably one of the best options. Relatively low HP for his level so if you don't mind a single spawn he can be killed easily.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The two Giants at the end of the tunnel you mean? IIRC they have a ton of HP so probably couldn't solo them as a melee unless you had some sort of fear spell. Grik is probably one of the best options. Relatively low HP for his level so if you don't mind a single spawn he can be killed easily.
You are correct, the two giants at the bottom of the FM fort are tough to do via face tanking. They are level 50 so they are good at landing hits, and have a good amount of HP. They are a good option if you have something like slow or fear, but Monks do not have a lot of options in that regard sadly. A high level monk with good gear could probably solo one, but I imagine you would end up using most of your HP pool and mend, maybe a disc too. So it probably wouldn't be very efficient unless you want to AFK camp them and kill one every 30 minutes or something.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-21-2022 at 12:59 PM..
Old 01-21-2022, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Ah, well scratch the giants idea then.
Old 01-21-2022, 07:30 PM
Sarnak

Velks, easy way to casual too 60 with that set up
Closed Thread