Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 09:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doing just that right now...on Mage attempt probably #12 at this point. Already getting the creeping thoughts about how tough it's going to be later with the epic and everything, and finding a spot in a guild because mage is decently populated class along the level of enc, nec and dru.
I think you just haven't found the right guild yet, as for mage, just accept that epic probably won't happen. At 60 there really aren't that many mages, most quit or become cothbotd

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-18-2022, 12:00 PM
Large Bat

<Safe Space> is always looking for more peps. We are doing NToV and VP dragons now. Very focused on gearing up the guild as a whole. If getting your epic is your thing we love helping out!
Old 01-18-2022, 01:09 PM
Banned

hard to be in an "endgame guild" if you are not max level yet

a good start will be getting level 46 first so you can access the planes

most guilds on the server do some kind of endgame raiding but others go more beyond

than others

i recommend force of will or kingdom ( <3)
Old 01-18-2022, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Lots of weird advice in this thread. I come w/ the correct advice for your goals.

Join a random leveling guild, and ONLY focus on getting level 60. Don't go out of your way to get that one cool item that gives +6 wis, don't go out of your way to go "check something out" if your main goal in the game is to get high end gear and get epics.

Make a EC mule, Don't freaking waste 3 hours of your time "looking for a spell" by moving your toon from your leveling zone to EC (Which can take 20 minutes easily) and then sitting there and spamming. There are awesome EC tunnel twitch channels, and on top of that, you always can just dump whatever u have to sell on your mule and get back to leveling. (Just ask somebody from a trusted guild for an xfer!! nobody is going to risk their toon with hundreds of hours on it for your 1k worth of items backpack)

You want levels because 1. The plat you need to get the minimum required shit to get into a raid guild (Which really, resist gear doesn't cost that much) comes EXPONENTIALLY FASTER AT A HIGHER LEVEL. 3 hours of farming sebilis can equate to 48 hours of farming fine steel swords off guards. And 2, because a raiding guild doesn't need a level 55 necro or something. Focus on level 60. Try to get what you can get on the way, but exp> anything else leveling up.

Now a lot of people are in here talking about experience blah blah blah they hold this weird elitist viewpoint of top end guilds. I'm here to tell you, if you proactively try to fuckin help the guild, you'll get in to the guild. Here's an example.

25% of the modern p99 raid consists of a raid leader begging someone to fucking do a random task. This could be as basic shit as, someone go pick up a DA idol in wc, or I need someone to tag this mob out and go die, Who can go do that? Which is often met by crickets, even in the most top end, hardcore raiding guilds. You know what a raid leader fucking loves to hear? "Hey this is X, I never did it before, or i'm completely new to raiding, let me know what to do and I can try to do it" Guarantee they get an instant hard on. If this can be you, you and your significant other will have absolutely no issue joining any top raiding guild, as long as you actually show up to the raids (It's really not that difficult to show up to 20-30% of raids)

Good luck out there, and let me know if you need any other advice.

(For the record - i'm not against exploring the game, it's one of my favorite things to do. But now I do it on my druid who has had god tier no drop gear since level 5 - and it's been a great experience)
Old 01-19-2022, 04:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesseth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Safe Space> is always looking for more peps. We are doing NToV and VP dragons now. Very focused on gearing up the guild as a whole. If getting your epic is your thing we love helping out!
That sounds great! However, we did join Dusk till Dawn for now, but I would not mind changing if we think that SS would be better for what we are looking for [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-19-2022, 04:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of weird advice in this thread. I come w/ the correct advice for your goals.

Join a random leveling guild, and ONLY focus on getting level 60. Don't go out of your way to get that one cool item that gives +6 wis, don't go out of your way to go "check something out" if your main goal in the game is to get high end gear and get epics.

Make a EC mule, Don't freaking waste 3 hours of your time "looking for a spell" by moving your toon from your leveling zone to EC (Which can take 20 minutes easily) and then sitting there and spamming. There are awesome EC tunnel twitch channels, and on top of that, you always can just dump whatever u have to sell on your mule and get back to leveling. (Just ask somebody from a trusted guild for an xfer!! nobody is going to risk their toon with hundreds of hours on it for your 1k worth of items backpack)

You want levels because 1. The plat you need to get the minimum required shit to get into a raid guild (Which really, resist gear doesn't cost that much) comes EXPONENTIALLY FASTER AT A HIGHER LEVEL. 3 hours of farming sebilis can equate to 48 hours of farming fine steel swords off guards. And 2, because a raiding guild doesn't need a level 55 necro or something. Focus on level 60. Try to get what you can get on the way, but exp> anything else leveling up.

Now a lot of people are in here talking about experience blah blah blah they hold this weird elitist viewpoint of top end guilds. I'm here to tell you, if you proactively try to fuckin help the guild, you'll get in to the guild. Here's an example.

25% of the modern p99 raid consists of a raid leader begging someone to fucking do a random task. This could be as basic shit as, someone go pick up a DA idol in wc, or I need someone to tag this mob out and go die, Who can go do that? Which is often met by crickets, even in the most top end, hardcore raiding guilds. You know what a raid leader fucking loves to hear? "Hey this is X, I never did it before, or i'm completely new to raiding, let me know what to do and I can try to do it" Guarantee they get an instant hard on. If this can be you, you and your significant other will have absolutely no issue joining any top raiding guild, as long as you actually show up to the raids (It's really not that difficult to show up to 20-30% of raids)

(For the record - i'm not against exploring the game, it's one of my favorite things to do. But now I do it on my druid who has had god tier no drop gear since level 5 - and it's been a great experience)
Alright cool, thx for the advice, ill see what I can take with me from this. However, how will we have plat for spells? Feels like without actually farming specific mobs that drops weapons to vendor, we are kinda plat starved as spells starts to cost a lot after lvl 20. + at 24 I will make sure to buy the 2 runes required for my quad spell, so we can start quad kiting. We did start at lvl 16 last time, but it was a bit scuffed and lvl 24 worked better, but the real lvl to start quading as a duo is lvl 34 at that point we were quading 8 mobs at the same time.
Last edited by brunow1337; 01-19-2022 at 04:57 AM..
Old 01-19-2022, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

Be judicious and selective about which spells you need to buy. You might have to farm some fine steel at some point though if you are really too broke to get the essentials.

Go back and buy the spells you skipped later though, many times in raids you'll be asked to use something that you never saw a use for in the past. Wizard does have a lot more useless spell lines than other classes though.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:08 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be judicious and selective about which spells you need to buy. You might have to farm some fine steel at some point though if you are really too broke to get the essentials.

Go back and buy the spells you skipped later though, many times in raids you'll be asked to use something that you never saw a use for in the past. Wizard does have a lot more useless spell lines than other classes though.
Yea, that's what we always do, we skip some spells that we never really use and take some that maybe might get used at higher lvl for some reason. But yea, wizards do have a ton of useless spells that I never buy.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this should be stickied for new eq p99 players
Old 01-20-2022, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunow1337 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alright cool, thx for the advice, ill see what I can take with me from this. However, how will we have plat for spells? Feels like without actually farming specific mobs that drops weapons to vendor, we are kinda plat starved as spells starts to cost a lot after lvl 20. + at 24 I will make sure to buy the 2 runes required for my quad spell, so we can start quad kiting. We did start at lvl 16 last time, but it was a bit scuffed and lvl 24 worked better, but the real lvl to start quading as a duo is lvl 34 at that point we were quading 8 mobs at the same time.
I personally think the hardest two levels to afford spells is lvl 8 and lvl 12 due to the exponential increase. Prices taper from 16 on.

You should be able to afford your spells with something as easy to get as 2 to 3 HQ bear skins or 5 to 6 bone chip stacks. As you level so does the quality of loot you get. You shouldn't be traveling 3 hours to a "cash camp" at your level, especially since it'll most likely be taken by the time you get there.

People say level and not worry about plat because what you NEED comes naturally enough and you're wasting x amount of time trying to earn 50p per hour at your level when you'd be earning 10 times that come 50+
Closed Thread