Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Is Bioluminescent Orb for niche situations only? Is it worth buying?

I was thinking of picking one up but I've never used one before or really seen people talk about the bio orb.

Is the main value behind it tricks with blind or is it used mostly for the 200 range to not use javs?

Curious what people use it for and if they would recommend getting one even when they are so expensive.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Blind is a helluva threat generator, I think tank types get em for threat?

Could probably click it whilst pew pewing with a bow if you can't use a WESS to blind kite.

I had never thought of it but do mobs take full dot damage while aimlessly blinking around while blind? Maybe a bard could dot a mob up and spam bio orb so they don't need constantly run around.
Old 01-17-2022, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blind is a helluva threat generator, I think tank types get em for threat?

Could probably click it whilst pew pewing with a bow if you can't use a WESS to blind kite.

I had never thought of it but do mobs take full dot damage while aimlessly blinking around while blind? Maybe a bard could dot a mob up and spam bio orb so they don't need constantly run around.
My understanding is it's mainly used by monks to pull and that's the class I would be using it with but I've never really heard of other classes use for it which would be cool.
Old 01-17-2022, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchtonedialing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My understanding is it's mainly used by monks to pull and that's the class I would be using it with but I've never really heard of other classes use for it which would be cool.
Yes, it is a great pullng tool for monks. I have seen them do some pretty cool things with it. But if you are someone with a lot of cash it can be useful on other classes.

For example, with the change to pets where agro from the pet is transferred to the owner on death, I would imagine bio orb would be good for chain petting on mages. Blind the mob as your next pet is going in. That way the mob is forced to fight the closest target instead of whomever is highest on the hate list.

I am sure there are other fun uses too, you might be able to blind kite on classes that have no fear kite option. Hate generation on demand is also very nice for someone like a Warrior.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:57 PM
Kobold

It's mostly a monk pulling tool. Tanks never use it due to the blind causing problems in raids.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by long.liam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's mostly a monk pulling tool. Tanks never use it due to the blind causing problems in raids.
Mostly true, it's an integral tool for killing Tunare. Also has a few other raiding applications for tanks outside of that. Just mostly for pulling.
Old 01-18-2022, 12:24 AM
Fire Giant

Ragefire bp does the same job outdoors for tanks.

It's handy to break mez's on a monk with a blind cast or two.

It's handy for about 4 pull situations in the game, like blind/flopping out korokust room mobs solo, dok king room royal guards, blinding vilefang out. Dumb stuff like blinding the mobs from platehouse out to split them.

I could be 100% effective without it.
Old 01-18-2022, 03:51 AM
Planar Protector

Last time i used my ragefire bp it didn’t seem to create any hate at all. It used to be able to just stand there with evasive turned on spam casting it and beat anyone elses normal aggro without needing to attack.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-18-2022, 08:52 AM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the click/proc nerf of 3? years ago.

Bio orb same.
Old 01-18-2022, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

All (the bp) is worth now is spamming blind on a target to make it run around like a headless chicken while spamming ranged attacks. A novelty. I hope the orb isn’t the same?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Closed Thread