Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 10:09 PM
Planar Protector

Floated down to ungoro literally landed on a devilsaur ready to be skinned. I guess thats about as close as xteam ninja looting goes.
Old 03-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A former GM of Nostalrius (Cantrip) confirmed that several server staff members were involved in dealing with the Chinese gold selling site owners, which was the major reason why they shut down after a single C&D letter from Blizzard. The door was completely open for Blizz to launch a financial investigation for all of the server staff members, and that was something that a few of them wanted to avoid at all costs.

What recently happened over at Elysium/Valkyrie doesn't surprise me at all. The thing that folks have to remember is that the original Valkyrie project had RMT available from the project itself - you could purchase both leveled characters and gold that were created out of thin air by the staff on their website. When Valkyrie decided to make their move in adopting the Nostalrius character database with the plan to entice old Nostalrius players to head over to their new server, all of the original Valkyrie website was shitcanned and a new site was presented.

The idea that the server project itself was willing to include RMT as part of the game was something they knew the old Nostalrius players wouldn't accept - it was a major sticking point for people rolling on Kronos. Why on earth Vitaly made an agreement with the Chinese is beyond me, unless they made him a very good deal while holding back a threat of insanely thick DDoS strikes.

This last part is simply conjecture though. It's the earlier parts that were confirmed from those watching it go down when it happened.
Got a link?
Old 03-14-2017, 04:27 PM
Banned

<--- retard
Old 03-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

I played for a bit on Anathema, but the profession skills got bugged and dont work properly. I sent in a bug report a few times aboutit, but no resolution. Needless to say, I do not log in anymore. It as fun though while it lasted. The PvP was decent & if you avoided the wackadoodles & the vomit in chat; you could meet some good players worldwide.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 PM
Planar Protector

What's the bug
Old 03-16-2017, 06:46 AM
Planar Protector

Default Character bugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's the bug
One of my characters professions got bugged. I had another character that they worked just fine. Sadly, it was the higher lvl character that was kerflaffed up and I ran out of steam to level the other. So; in essence, it was a character bug.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:31 AM
Sarnak

Best private server out there at the moment imo. 55 rogue on Anathema, and really enjoying the hell out of it.
Closed Thread