Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 06:31 PM
Fire Giant

A faster 2h will hold better agggro. Something under 40 delay. Dps is the primary aggro factor for 2h tanking so you need a good haste. Also, with root nets you can tank with any weapon.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

Holy shit a guy who plays ogre war is worried about fashionquest? Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
Old 05-05-2017, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Holy shit a guy who plays ogre war is worried about fashionquest? Rolling on the floor laughing my ass off
wut?! ogres by far most handsome and awesome looking warriors, their gigantic plate pixels look best of all races. Clearly you are either blind, or have extremely poor taste.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Kobold

Speaking as a troll, Barbarians are still what I envision when someone just describes a generic EverQuest Warrior.

That being said, Evil Races, their horrible plate graphics, and bad ass racial perks FTW!
Old 05-05-2017, 07:08 PM
Sarnak

The vicious combo of frostbringer and wrapped entropy serpent spine. If either procs, you'll almost never lose aggro unless you're both massively outgeared and dealing with a noob monk or rogue that doesn't know how to dump aggro
Old 05-05-2017, 08:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The vicious combo of frostbringer and wrapped entropy serpent spine. If either procs, you'll almost never lose aggro unless you're both massively outgeared and dealing with a noob monk or rogue that doesn't know how to dump aggro
Honestly, as a new player on this server rolling their first character as a warrior, I thank my lucky stars we're in Velious and not Kunark.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

When should a warrior be looking to change weapons. I currently have a 20 war with Sword of Skyfire and A Jade Mace. The skyfire won't proc till 45 but it's AoE.

Should I be looking for proccing weapons nearer my lvl sooner or will these 2 serve me well till I'm mid 40's? What weapons should I be looking at as I lvl higher?
Old 05-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When should a warrior be looking to change weapons. I currently have a 20 war with Sword of Skyfire and A Jade Mace. The skyfire won't proc till 45 but it's AoE.

Should I be looking for proccing weapons nearer my lvl sooner or will these 2 serve me well till I'm mid 40's? What weapons should I be looking at as I lvl higher?
I'd say you're fine with those weapons until 40-50 range and would advise you to have successfully acquired a Frostbringer and 1st tier haste item (either FBSS or SCHW) by 40, though neither will really become outright necessary until 45 when the Sword of Skyfire starts proccing.

The reason I recommend setting a goal to have Frostbringer and haste by 40 is that if you're going the P99 traditional group leveling route (i.e. Unrest > Highhold Keep > Mistmoore > City of Mist > Karnor's Castle > Old Sebilis), your income once you get to City of Mist is going to drop considerably. For example, I probably made 7-8k levelling from 22-32 selling goblin ears in HHK, but only 3k levelling from 40-50 in City of Mist. Both me and my buddy who were levelling fresh on P99 basically got our main weapons (Frostbringer and Peacebringer) from HHK goblin ear money. Mistmoore is also pretty good, but things drop off for 10 levels when you're in CoM.

Just my 2 copper.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Grab a Staff of Battle. That will carry you until 40+ easy.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanderheide [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd say you're fine with those weapons until 40-50 range and would advise you to have successfully acquired a Frostbringer and 1st tier haste item (either FBSS or SCHW) by 40, though neither will really become outright necessary until 45 when the Sword of Skyfire starts proccing.

The reason I recommend setting a goal to have Frostbringer and haste by 40 is that if you're going the P99 traditional group leveling route (i.e. Unrest > Highhold Keep > Mistmoore > City of Mist > Karnor's Castle > Old Sebilis), your income once you get to City of Mist is going to drop considerably. For example, I probably made 7-8k levelling from 22-32 selling goblin ears in HHK, but only 3k levelling from 40-50 in City of Mist. Both me and my buddy who were levelling fresh on P99 basically got our main weapons (Frostbringer and Peacebringer) from HHK goblin ear money. Mistmoore is also pretty good, but things drop off for 10 levels when you're in CoM.

Just my 2 copper.
Well lucky for me, I have already gotten a SCHW the other day. So at this point, short of getting more armor pieces, I was more worried about what weapons. Since playing war, I know how dependant on weapons they are so wasn't sure when I should be looking to upgrade with what I currently have.
Closed Thread