Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-16-2019, 10:34 AM
Skeleton

Default *Solved* P99 Server List Empty / Login Error

Hello everyone!

I'm still new to the project and had my first technical problem yesterday. I've been playing the P99 Blue server for about a month without any issues. Feel free to use this thread to further provide information on how you were able to solve the problem.

Platform: Windows 10, Version 1803
Time: Tuesday, 15.01.2019 17:30 GMT +1

Symptoms: I was in City of Mist when I noticed weird behavior of my game. Other people couldn't read my chat messages, PCs and NPCs started to spin around and my health regenerated to full in an unusually fast way. It seemed as if I lost connection to the server but was still in the gameworld. After noticing this I camped out of the game and restarted.Upon restarting I couldn't connect for a while and even if I connected successfully the server list was empty.

What DID NOT fix the issue for me:
-Tried restarting the game multiple times (at least 10 times over half an hour)
-Resetting my router / modem
-Cold restart of my machine (fast boot disabled)

What DID fix the issue for me:
Flushing the DNS cache via the cmd console in Windows. Search for cmd.exe and run it as Administrator. Then enter the following command:
ipconfig /flushdns
You can use this resource to find more information (also for Mac): https://documentation.cpanel.net/dis...Your+DNS+Cache

After flushing DNS as described, I was able connect to the server on the first try. However it could be entirely coincidental if the issue was something else which happened to be solved on the server side around the same time. I think that is unlikely as I've seen people login to the server when I couldn't.

I hope to have helped some of you if you happen to run into this issue. Happy gaming, love what you got going on here!