Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2022, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you need see invis? lol

just cast it on yourself like wtf this game isnt hard
You don't. The earring is a total noob trap. 10AC/10MR is not as good as 30HP/10MR.

But you can't explain that to a guy who thinks 7 str is better than 65 HP.

It's befuddling.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-03-2022, 01:34 PM
Planar Protector

Shamwowi was talking about his mainly solo-built shaman, for which specific purpose the vindicator ear is indeed a reasonable choice. 10 AC is better in that slot than 30 HP when a character that isn't getting complete heals and seldom reaches full health once engaged in combat. He can kill anything Torpor can out-heal, and more raw HP isn't helping Torpor out-heal anything. Since this is a shadow knight thread that's a tangent discussion, though.

Since I don't care for raiding my own ear slot items on my Shadow Knight are an Ivandyr's Hoop and (usually) a Shrunken Goblin ear. Laugh all you want but my character has sufficed for duo'ing practically all the group content in this game and I've been to the same temple veeshan raids everyone else has. I obviously don't call that type of stuff "best" but I do call it "good enough."

Danth
Old 01-03-2022, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you need see invis? lol

just cast it on yourself like wtf this game isnt hard
Clearly you don't buff people in raids enough, or play a class who has a lot of buffs[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Earrings are also prime candidates to swap for resistance gear, so you shouldn't get attached to what you put there, unless you have high tier raid loot like vulak earring. Half of the time you aren't getting anything other than resistances in an earring slot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't. The earring is a total noob trap. 10AC/10MR is not as good as 30HP/10MR.

But you can't explain that to a guy who thinks 7 str is better than 65 HP.

It's befuddling.
The only befuddling thing here is you think Crown of Narandi and Tormax Crown are somehow equal, and that more than 144 DEX on a character doesn't increase PPM.

Clearly you are out of touch with this game, and should start playing again before giving advise[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you are not STR capped, and you never die, 7 STR is 100% better than 65HP on a melee character. But since you clearly can't think for yourself, go on believing max HP is always better in all situations. You can certainly play like that, but you will be less efficient in terms of kill speed on a Shadowknight. Remember, we are discussing SOLO Shadowknights, not raid tanking Shadowknights doing Flurries.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-03-2022 at 01:52 PM..
Old 01-03-2022, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clearly you don't buff people in raids enough, or play a class who has a lot of buffs
Who's gonna tell him?
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who's gonna tell him?
Again with the cryptic, silly sentences. This is the only way you can appear to seem smart, but in reality you are just hoping someone saves you, and you are vague enough to where you can backpedal easily.

You clearly don't play Shaman or Shadowknight, so please don't give people any more advice on either, unless you are willing to actually learn how to play.
Old 01-03-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Let me just give you a basic example you probably don't know about Shamans.

The spell https://wiki.project1999.com/Inner_Fire stacks with Focus of Spirit. This means if you have Living Thunder Earring equipped (saving a buff slot on see invis), you could cast Inner Fire on yourself (which would take up the see invis buff slot), and you would get +20 HP and +3 AC. This means my Living Thunder Earring is actually a 13 AC, 20HP, 10MR, 9 STR, See Invis (Worn) item. That is clearly the superior item in every way to Earring of Essence. If you stop and actually think, you may learn something new[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is precisely why saving buff slots is important. If you TRULY believe Max HP is the ultimate stat, wouldn't you want to cast all of the HP buffs you can on yourself, including Inner Fire? And if you say "Earring of Essence is better because 10 HP is better than 13 AC!", I can't help you.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-03-2022 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-03-2022, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-03-2022, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Precisely! This is the face everyone is giving you when you post[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Progress of a kind. The first step on the road to fixing a problem is recognizing there is one.
Old 01-03-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

At this point I must assume you don't know that in P99, you can only have 15 buffs on at a time (including bard songs, DoTs, Debuffs, etc). Let me just tell you this now so it can inform your next post.

You probably also don't know that people need to cast junk buffs on themselves to avoid their more important buffs from being dispelled. I typically have 4 junk buffs on at all times, plus Riotous Health and Focus of Spirit. When you include one slot for Torpor, and one slot open for a possible DoT or Debuff, I am already at 8/15 slots used, before any other buffs need to be considered. When you include resistance buffs and levitate, you are already at 12/15. If you are in a group with a bard, that is already max slots if the bard is twisting 3 songs. This isn't even including if you have PoTG, Clarity, and/or Gift of Brilliance.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-03-2022 at 04:41 PM..
Old 01-03-2022, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Closed Thread