Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2019, 05:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Found a solution: Black Meditate Button
(This is the same solution for the spellbook icon on the spell bar being black )

Texture ON - So you see the spellbook and stone background
Tint - WHITE 240 240 240

re-log. Meditate button is there.

@Jibartik the default tint color is white.
I don't have a MEDITATE button at all when my book is open. The spell book graphic is the same that I had on Blue for the past 5 years. I can even move spell tiles around in it. I have a DONE button at the bottom of the book where I assume that the MEDITATE button should be that closes the book. Not sure why. Everything on GREEN was working fine until my Shaman trained Meditate at Lvl 8 and now mana regens at same rate as just sitting whether book is open or closed, and Meditate does not skill up.
Have not seen anyone else post with this and I guess I can repatch but since this is the ONLY issue I have my doubts this will fix
Old 10-28-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Are you logged into green, or blue? :/

lol if you know how, try to load the dexua (idk how to spell it) ui and see if you can have it on green for some reason.

You should def not be seeing any of that on green!
Old 10-28-2019, 06:06 PM
Orc

I am logged into Green.
I repatched, restarted computer and when I logged in to my character the message "Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files. Certain windows may not perform correctly. Use /loadskin Default 1 to load Everquest default skin" in the chat window.

/loadskin gave me 3 options: Default, Default_old, and velious.....no default 1. I tried all 3 with no luck except to scramble my windows
Old 10-28-2019, 06:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That is a question for Rogean. I have no idea the current status of his meditate functionality. All he gave us was a particular XML ID that the meditate button had to be. Everything else is source/server side.
I HAVE no MEDITATE button in my spell book, just a DONE button. I can't meditate, can't create a hot button for MEDITATE, can't train up, and can't regen mana faster than just sitting with book closed. I now get a message when I log in my char that I need to /loadskin default 1, but I have no default 1, just 3 options: default, default_old, and velious.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintmaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I HAVE no MEDITATE button in my spell book, just a DONE button. I can't meditate, can't create a hot button for MEDITATE, can't train up, and can't regen mana faster than just sitting with book closed. I now get a message when I log in my char that I need to /loadskin default 1, but I have no default 1, just 3 options: default, default_old, and velious.
Did something get added to, or left behind, in the velious ui folder? When you patch, all you are doing is unzipping and then copy and pasting. That merges folders, it doesn't remove files that are already there. Could the client be finding a resource that should not be there anymore, confusing the ui?
Old 10-28-2019, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintmaster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am logged into Green.
I repatched, restarted computer and when I logged in to my character the message "Your XML files are not compatible with current Everquest files. Certain windows may not perform correctly. Use /loadskin Default 1 to load Everquest default skin" in the chat window.

/loadskin gave me 3 options: Default, Default_old, and velious.....no default 1. I tried all 3 with no luck except to scramble my windows
So its hard to know for sure, but it really sounds like there is something borked in your directory.

I would say, if you had a fresh EQ folder, to start from there, but if you dont. Make sure you download this patch file (if you click this in like 6 days its probably out of date) extract that into your EQ directory and then hold onto your butt, because it should fix that error.
Old 10-28-2019, 09:44 PM
Orc

well I did a complete wipe and reinstall of Titanium, over wrote with V52 and now I get to player selection screen and get a message that I am missing GlobalLoad.txt(768804337). Reran patch and still getting this message, about to pull my hair out
Old 10-29-2019, 12:31 AM
Large Bat

Has anyone else had a bug with a black meditate button?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ Meditate.jpg (22.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-29-2019, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

yeah right click (anywhere on the window?), set it to textured (or like kick it back and forth) make sure the value you have set is 240 240 240 (I think thats the fix) (paging dr baler, dr baler) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2019, 06:15 AM
Decaying Skeleton

This has probably already been asked, but I didn't spot a reply, are there any other UI's out there that will work here? I played almost from the original launch for many years, and I don't recall it being so hard just to see the text in the windows, I have tried setting the background to black, but I ccan't make that stick for somereason...
Closed Thread