Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2020, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Hehe fyi the I think ini you speak of is just coordinates that tell the game where you last put the windows and like that reso hack cords etc.

So if you move your windows around, they will remain where you moved them next time you relaunch (unless you crash out iirc)

You could make all the necessary adjustments to increase your resolution and adjust the position of your windows etc if you want to increase that from 1024!
Old 03-20-2020, 02:01 AM
Decaying Skeleton

That's the correct ini, yes. I'm insane so playing at 1024 isn't an issue for me, though it's good to know for those who are interested. The point I'm trying to make is that this proves that making a classic or classic inspired UI for Green isn't impossible; that said, it's something the devs would have to either allow or implement, and it would still take plenty of work to implement.

Of course this likely would be designed for a 4:3 resolution like 1024x768, but I'm pretty sure people who are clamoring for the classic ui are already playing at a low resolution like that as to not strain their eyes with small text, though I can only speak for myself in that regard.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Currently 46 pages to this post at 10 posts per page = 460 posts asking for genuine classic UI.

Why can't we get it?

...A thing to think about
Old 03-20-2020, 02:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by roj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently 46 pages to this post at 10 posts per page = 460 posts asking for genuine classic UI.

Why can't we get it?

...A thing to think about
We have airplanes. We have cars. Why have we been waiting 60 years for a flying car?
Old 03-26-2020, 06:36 PM
Aviak

Been looking/wanting the classic UI for 10 years now, I'm sure someone out there could do something, demand is high.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

I want an X-wing but for some reason nobody has made one for me.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want an X-wing but for some reason nobody has made one for me.
X-wing ey, I'll sort it out for ya.
Old 03-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Been looking/wanting the classic UI for 10 years now, I'm sure someone out there could do something, demand is high.
If you mean the original stone/pericope-window interface, read on. You can make a more or less classic-looking UI. It has been investigated. On the Titanium client we use, such a UI would inevitably have some technical problems that caused it to be deemed undesirable for a mass-release or required interface. These problems include:

--Titanium permits window movement so such a UI only looks classic so long as nobody ever moves windows around. The original UI did not allow window movement (indeed, it did not have separate windows at all) hence it cannot be made to function in a classic manner, at most only look classic.

--UI assets do not scale with game resolution, so this UI would only work at a single resolution because the windows have to be a specific size in order to match up and make it look classic. The original game UI did not scale either; instead it installed several versions of the UI sized for the limited number of available resolutions.

--The original interface was specifically designed for 4:3 resolutions and is hence incompatible with modern widescreen resolutions unless side-bar letterboxing is accepted. Altering it to fit such resolutions means you have a custom UI which defeats the point.

--custom /viewport settings that must be manually entered by the user are required to make the UI work correctly without blocking out the majority of the rendered screen. This is a technical sort of command considered beyond the knowledge of casual users.

Getting some specific screens to work like trainer window and whatnot is not easily accomplished, but may be possible with sufficient time and effort. Point being, you can make a (mostly) classic-looking UI if you really want one, but it has enough headaches that the admins aren't inclined to force the matter. The "Velious UI" required much less alteration to be made acceptable to current demands.

Danth
Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

Danth is the man! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-12-2020, 01:49 PM
Orc

I wish they would extend one of the servers to reach the current live expansion
Once Green reaches Blue you could pick up timeline from there to expand Blue
Closed Thread