Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-05-2011, 04:51 PM
Large Rat

Default help! prob an easy fix

Hey folks! I installed EQ and folowed all the steps and got it working last night and it played abosultely perfect! But I logged in this morning and my character was going insane speeds and then lagging and interacting with stuff wasnt really working. So I checked these forums and deduced that it was because I am using a dualcore computer. (no idea why it ran perfectly the first time and not the second time:P) anyway I tried a fix I found in the forums and it did not work to say the least. It made my eq shortcut seriously messed up. So I deleted that one and tried to make a new one, following all the steps in the start up guide but now when I try to change the path to "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme it tells me The name "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

So It's probably an easy fix but I am NOT a computer person. Thanks for help in advance!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Skeleton

"when I try to change the path to "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme it tells me The name "C:\Program Files\Everquest\eqgame.exe" patchme specified in the target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct."

I'm also having this issue on my laptop. I've looked around in the tech forums for a couple hours already with no avail on how to fix it. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Skeleton

Solved this issue by merely not copying and pasting. After the last parenthesis make sure you have 1 space before typing 'patchme'. Hope that helps you.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Aviak

its an afinity issue. are you running dual or quad core? search the stickies, this is a common issue.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrots [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its an afinity issue. are you running dual or quad core? search the stickies, this is a common issue.
Seems like you are just replying to every post without reading them thoroughly. Rack up them posts
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro
Old 01-10-2011, 03:46 AM
Large Rat

not copying and pasting worked for me, for whatever reason. ty!!