Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Default Hybrid buffs on lower levels?

The current mechanic is that any spell learned over level 49 cannot be cast on a low level character, to my understanding.

So is it a bug that a druid can cast Skin like Nature or chloroplast on a low level character while a ranger cannot? (But they can do Protection of the Glade, Legacy of Thorn and Regrowth of the Grove, while a ranger cannot give Call of the Predator by the "group buff" exception)

I'm trying not to sound as whiny as possible because the logic smells like a bug to me and couldn't find any confirmation of it being classic in my research.

It just sucks when I come across a new player and can't do much for them other than SoW, skin like steel and some plat. (This last part is irrelevant, I'm aware. >_<)
Old 03-19-2019, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Not a bug in regards to ranger single target 50+ spells, evidence here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ve/arc76.shtml
6/15/2000:
Quote:
Post 50 Hybrid Spell Bug?
It's not a bug, but rather it is based upon the level that you get the spell in question. Since hybrids get the spells post-50, they are treated like level 50+ spells of other classes.

That said, I will talk to the tuning team to see if we can get it based on the lowest level that anyone gets the spell.
I don't believe they ever fixed it in era, as there are out of era comments regarding chloroplast ZAM page that it wouldn't work even after planes of power:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=145
Quote:
Jan 16 2004
I'm not sure if there's a limit for other classes, but as a Ranger I can only cast this on people 42 and up.

This seems strange since shamans get this spell at 39.
I didn't find any info for Call of the Predator not being able to cast on lower levels via the 'group buff' exception, so maybe that is a bug. Are you targetting yourself? I seem to recall there was something to the effect of you had to have a high level targeted to do the group buff exception.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:24 AM
Fire Giant

It is level of spell-13 = target level capable.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current mechanic is that any spell learned over level 49 cannot be cast on a low level character, to my understanding.

So is it a bug that a druid can cast Skin like Nature or chloroplast on a low level character while a ranger cannot? (But they can do Protection of the Glade, Legacy of Thorn and Regrowth of the Grove, while a ranger cannot give Call of the Predator by the "group buff" exception)

I'm trying not to sound as whiny as possible because the logic smells like a bug to me and couldn't find any confirmation of it being classic in my research.

It just sucks when I come across a new player and can't do much for them other than SoW, skin like steel and some plat. (This last part is irrelevant, I'm aware. >_<)
Regarding CotP, did you try targetting yourself?
Never tried with a ranger but usually, you get a your target is too low if you try to cast a group buff 50+ on a low level but you can cast it by targetting yourself and the group effect will hit him also.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 03-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Aviak

It doesn't seem there is a one size fits all to spell level caps seeing as PoTG is a lvl 60 spell that can be cast on lvl 1 toons.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:03 AM
Fire Giant

Potg is a group spell, as is COTP. Both can be cast on grouped level 1’s if the caster targets themselves or someone level 47 or higher.
Old 03-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not a bug in regards to ranger single target 50+ spells, evidence here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010822...ve/arc76.shtml
6/15/2000:

I don't believe they ever fixed it in era, as there are out of era comments regarding chloroplast ZAM page that it wouldn't work even after planes of power:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=145

I didn't find any info for Call of the Predator not being able to cast on lower levels via the 'group buff' exception, so maybe that is a bug. Are you targetting yourself? I seem to recall there was something to the effect of you had to have a high level targeted to do the group buff exception.

All I needed to hear. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thank you.