Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 04:08 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilstoniakrath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ALS necros can't take plat for summoning a corpse?
ALS necros are allowed to accept a coffin from the player who asked for a summon corpse. They can also accept EE's if they necro rez someone.

In those cases, they are essentially using the non ALS player's item but their own mana, which is allowed. They can't accept tips however.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquisxxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's quite possible that the person advertising free ports was excited because they had just attained the level needed in order to be able to port others. That's no small accomplishment, especially for an ALS member. It can be fun to offer to help others for free. A similar thing happens to people when they get their first car.

If someone infringed on your business, a simple tell would have likely gotten them to stop.

--Stimbad, ALS
Actually, what rubbed me a little wrong on a personal level is not porting, but rezzing. I have a high level cleric who sometimes gets asked to rez someone whose corpse is behind some rough mobs, and have died a couple of times when pacify fails. No biggie, but I have never felt guilt in accepting a donation after successfully doing a CR and rez such as that. So at first glance I took the ALS druid's ooc's as a hostile poke at non-ALS porters, rezzers, etc.

But upon further reflection, I do understand the ALS rule on isolating itself from outside donations - the p99 economy has gotten to the point that donations for services are much greater than they were back on live in 1999 or 2000. As I said in my previous post, to each their own, play the game the way you want.
Closed Thread