Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 01:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Grasmere Send a message via AIM to Grasmere Send a message via Yahoo to Grasmere
Default Level 19 Druid spell rotation

I have recently rejoined after quite a long time and I've forgotten the best spell rotation for my L19 Druid. Presently I am using 1)Grasping Roots 2) Stinging Swarm until DOT finishes then 3) Burst of Fire repeatedly. Can someone please advise whether I am missing something?
Old 02-03-2019, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

I just run n gunned to 29 i think
Old 02-03-2019, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

At level 14 you get a spell called Befriend Animal, the first of your animal charming line. You can use this spell to earn XP much faster than with your current mix of DoTing and DDing, by employing a technique known as "charm fighting".

The idea is simple: first, find two of the same type of animal (ideally of the same level, but that's not important). Good places to go for this at your level include South Karana, Oasis of Marr, Rathe Mountains, and Eastern Karana. For other ideas of places to charm as you level click on the Per-Level Hunting Guide link in my signature and then click the "Druid" filter.

Once you find a good spot and two animals reasonably close together at that spot, mem Befriend Animal, a snare, and Invisibility versus Animals (you could use Camouflage but Invis vs. Animals has a faster casting time). You'll probably also want a root, a heal, a DD, SoW, and gate up.

Now, snare the first animal, then charm it, and then send it to attack the second animal. Snare the the second animal, and maybe even root it too (but since roots don't last very long at your level you might just want to use snare). Then, just sit there and med while the two animals beat each other up. If the first animal breaks charm just re-charm whichever one is lower (the snares and possibly roots should give you enough time to re-charm before the animals maul you).

When one of the animals (ideally both) are down to maybe 10% or so, cast Invis vs. Animals on yourself. This will break the charm, and now you'll have two very hurt animals that you can easily finish off with DoTs, DDs, or even just melee damage (when they run away while snared you can beat on them without being hit).

In order to kill two animals you just spent mana for one charm, maybe two, a couple snares, and maybe a nuke or DoT or two at the end to finish the mobs (maybe not even that if you can melee them). That's two mobs worth of XP for probably less mana than it would take you to kill one mob with DoTs/DDs, AND you got to sit there and meditate, recovering mana, for most of the fight.

Until you reach the point of quadding (snaring four mobs, running them in circles until they clump together, and then casting your 4-mob-at-once DDs on them to kill them all at once) this will be your most efficient way to solo. And even once you start quadding it still may be better, depending on various factors (eg. IMHO nothing beats charming in the polar bear caves in permafrost, not even a good quad).

P.S. Once you get higher level you can either farm an item called the Goblin Gazughi Ring yourself, or you can earn plat some other way (eg. porting people) and buy one. Either way this amazing item (IMHO one of the only items a Druid ever needs) lets you cast Invis vs. Animals instantly, which will let you break charm when your animals are lower (closer to 5%), and this will make charm fighting even easier.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-03-2019 at 01:49 PM..
Closed Thread