Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2019, 05:09 AM
Banned

Also it probably does not help that most of us are probably also Warcraft refugees and RPing meant masturbating in an inn to table dancing goat girls on weekends
Old 03-03-2019, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

RPing is annoying, the only people who ever do it in EQ are ogres and trolls that want to talk like babies. Pretty sure it's a fetish.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

This is why I made a paladin. I just roleplay as a pretty decent guy with an alcohol problem. Works out perfectly.

Join us!!! Visit Asgard today!
Old 03-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After thought:
RP even back then was not a widely popular thing and only a few servers dedicated and enforced rp rules. And I believe even now that there is just one RP server remaining on live, just like there is one pvp server.

I do not know what prompted others to get into EverQuest but for me it was a pair of nice elf titties on a box and using Webcrawler trying to troubleshoot as a Teenager. Seeing roleplaying back then on the Bertox server was just a joke, laughable or just seeing this happen and thinking "wow, dorks." which may or may not carried onto this day.

I see people who "nuzlocke" them selves on p99 with a myriad of rules they give themselves from random strangers to ASL with their rules.

But never once an actual Roleplayer. 9 mother fucking years and I never came across one roleplayer. Well maybe I did and they were inner monologging to themselves during deep meditation between hill giant quads kites or maybe that one weird person spamming long drawn out "incoming" macros 6 or 8 years ago but then again most of us are probably in their 30s-50s who have evolved passed the need to fare fort thine artcome or people who steadfastly think that roleplaying is just plain ole.. gay.

Seconds before I was about to click the reply button I was struck with a sudden wave of pity. P99 has helped me live out my glory days and fantasies that I never could do many times over and the fact that you and maybe a few others may never get to kinda makes me sad but I will sober up and forget I made this post the next morning. I mean managing Blue99 seems like a monumental task on its own with people who volunteer their free time to sounds daunting enough, now imagine trying to run another server who enforces banning and suspending people who break character on a regular basis like they did on... was it the Firiona Vie Server in Yesteryear?

So I am going to wrap this up by farting before passing out and say "sorry you didnt get to RP"
This might be a record for the most projection in one post, good shit
Old 03-03-2019, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesBarkley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This might be a record for the most projection in one post, good shit
Then why are there so few RPers?
Old 03-03-2019, 07:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then why are there so few RPers?
because xanax exists and is easier than making a character's story not about pixels
Old 03-03-2019, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because xanax exists and is easier than making a character's story not about pixels
I had to google it, but yeah xanax is classic.
Old 03-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

I RP a little bit when I'm on my ranger, usually around lower lvl characters but I'm not very good at it. Can be fun sometimes
[51 Champion] Logue (Halfling)
Old 03-04-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I had to google it, but yeah xanax is classic.
I thought the only laying Everquest on tablets thread was in reference to this sort of thing.
Old 03-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Kobold

I usually roleplay as a genocidal Erudite.
btw we should probably kill all the dark elves.
Closed Thread