Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

OP came out looking silly. Need to relax bud.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I reached out to an officer of DB, Nephinine, and was basically told that since DB casts a broad net, these things happens.
Sounds like Tricket and Nephinine need to get on the same page. Trickets says they'll do everything in their power to remove and blacklist a scammer, Nephinine says these things happen, nothing they can do about it?

I don't think OP is entirely out of order here since he did reach out to an officer and got a unfortunate response initially.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP came out looking silly. Need to relax bud.
Yea, nobody in AM loses their shit over pixels

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:31 PM
Banned

Just got a new mace in the mail today. Lemme know OP if you need anything.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, nobody in AM loses their shit over pixels
And we tell them the same thing.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like Tricket and Nephinine need to get on the same page. Trickets says they'll do everything in their power to remove and blacklist a scammer, Nephinine says these things happen, nothing they can do about it?

I don't think OP is entirely out of order here since he did reach out to an officer and got a unfortunate response initially.

Consider that both of these ideas can exist simultaneously. Yes, these things do happen when you recruit as broadly as we do. And yes, when they happen, we do everything in our power to remove and blacklist said scammer.

In this case, there was not a scammer. I was not going to unfairly assume that someone is a scammer. You see, we live in this place called 'Murica. And that means that we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. Now grab me the 12 gauge and a 6 pack. We've got some freedom to do.

Yee-haw, partner.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Consider that both of these ideas can exist simultaneously. Yes, these things do happen when you recruit as broadly as we do. And yes, when they happen, we do everything in our power to remove and blacklist said scammer.

In this case, there was not a scammer. I was not going to unfairly assume that someone is a scammer. You see, we live in this place called 'Murica. And that means that we have this thing called innocent until proven guilty. Now grab me the 12 gauge and a 6 pack. We've got some freedom to do.

Yee-haw, partner.
Sounds more like the things that happen when your officers are too lazy to read discord (playing in full screen I'm guessing). Further, it goes to show how oblivious and inept this officer is. They obviously didn't make any attempt to reach out to the suspected scammer because they clearly told em what was happening in discord and they could have easily resolved it. Time to reevaluate officer positions bud.
Old 03-06-2019, 02:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it all depends on tone. The way OP reported it, it definitely sounded like he got the brush off. OP doesn't mention you saying anything about looking into the situation and offering to remove and blacklist a scammer. If that was said and he left that out...then shame on him.
Old 03-06-2019, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion_Standing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds more like the things that happen when your officers are too lazy to read discord (playing in full screen I'm guessing). Further, it goes to show how oblivious and inept this officer is. They obviously didn't make any attempt to reach out to the suspected scammer because they clearly told em what was happening in discord and they could have easily resolved it. Time to reevaluate officer positions bud.

Hehe, made me lol. troll level: 8/10.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 03-07-2019, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
well he just gave me a reason to stop showing any kindness in game to anyone else in the future.
Oh calm your tits bro. You remind me of bad boyfriends in my early twenties who insisted that they had no choice but to be assholes because they once tried to be nice and got burned. If all it takes is one misunderstanding to make you flame in 4 forums and dramatically announce you will no longer be kind to anyone anymore, you weren't kind to begin with.
Go be petulant somewhere else.
Closed Thread