Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-20-2018, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, I'll upload them and post the link here later tonight.

Also made some minor updates to patch_s3d_textures.bat:
  • Made the backup purge process check for the existence of backups before purging
  • Deleted a couple unnecessary duplicate call entries for qey2hh1_chr and qey2hh1_obj
  • Alphabetized all call entries for easier editing
  • Cleaned up comment lines a bit for readability

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ozd2bs3fj...ncypatcher.zip
Not to sound ungrateful, but it looks like the executables don't work so well on Linux with WINE:

> ~/Desktop/EverQuest $ wine patch_s3d_textures.bat
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\me\Desktop\EverQuest\patch_s3d_textures.ba t.

> ~/Desktop/EverQuest $ wine transpfx.exe
transpfx.exe: Invalid input or no file found

Is there any way to get the latest updates and just copy/paste them in to my EQ folder?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2018, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any way to get the latest updates and just copy/paste them in to my EQ folder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tried running the bat through advanced Wineskin options but no dice... is it possible someone could send a zip of the updated files to drop in the EQ folder?
Sure, I'll upload them and post the link here later tonight.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

As promised:

High-resolution patched textures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T9...Ciw12hFSRzukhl

Low-resolution patched textures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ge...ExxyFRv-EDDckg

If you use the high-resolution zone textures that are downloaded separately, use the first link (note: chances are that a lot of P99 clients on the bay are using these). If you use the default Titanium low-resolution textures, use the second link.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
As promised:

High-resolution patched textures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T9...Ciw12hFSRzukhl
Thanks!

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to sound ungrateful, but it looks like the executables don't work so well on Linux with WINE:

> ~/Desktop/EverQuest $ wine patch_s3d_textures.bat
wine: Bad EXE format for Z:\home\me\Desktop\EverQuest\patch_s3d_textures.ba t.

> ~/Desktop/EverQuest $ wine transpfx.exe
transpfx.exe: Invalid input or no file found
For future reference: .bat is not an executable format in the first place, they are scripts interpreted by cmd.exe. So you'd need to have wine run cmd.exe, then run patch_s3d_textures.bat at the cmd.exe prompt:

Code:
wine cmd.exe
patch_s3d_textures.bat
Based on your pasted output transpfx.exe ran fine under Wine, you just didn't give it any input. The .bat script just calls transpfx.exe repeatedly with different input strings.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For future reference: .bat is not an executable format in the first place, they are scripts interpreted by cmd.exe. So you'd need to have wine run cmd.exe, then run patch_s3d_textures.bat at the cmd.exe prompt:
Ah yes, it's a bit unintuitive running a command line batch script in a non-Windows OS, I didn't really think about that. Probably the same issue Vile was experiencing.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

I noticed wine's version of cmd.exe was choking on patch_s3d_textures.bat when I followed my own instructions... so I made an equivalent bash script:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sx9j53qd9g..._linux.sh?dl=0

To run:
Code:
sh patch_s3d_textures_linux.sh
or
Code:
chmod +x patch_s3d_textures_linux.sh
./patch_s3d_textures_linux.sh
Also noticed a typo on line 162 of the .bat script, missing "bmp" at the end of the line:
Code:
set rt_nektulos_chr=ngmft0001.bmp,ngmft0002.bmp,ngmft0101.bmp,ngmft0102.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also noticed a typo on line 162 of the .bat script, missing "bmp" at the end of the line:
Code:
set rt_nektulos_chr=ngmft0001.bmp,ngmft0002.bmp,ngmft0101.bmp,ngmft0102.
Fixed and reuploaded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ozd2bs3fj...ncypatcher.zip
Old 01-20-2018, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
As promised:

Low-resolution patched textures: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ge...ExxyFRv-EDDckg

If you use the high-resolution zone textures that are downloaded separately, use the first link (note: chances are that a lot of P99 clients on the bay are using these). If you use the default Titanium low-resolution textures, use the second link.
Awesome man.. gonna test them out now! Thank you.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ah yes, it's a bit unintuitive running a command line batch script in a non-Windows OS, I didn't really think about that. Probably the same issue Vile was experiencing.
Yea cmd.exe was basically dying..