Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

The entire Russia hoax was spearheaded by a known fraudent source, they knew it was bogus. They knew it was started and funded by Hillary. You sourcing the DoJ as clearing themselves is laughable.

“After extensive research the United Agency of Fox has found no evidence that a fox was involved in the breaking and entering into the chicken coop and ravaging the chickens.”
Old 06-15-2023, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Westboro Baptist Church: The Political Party
Why be ecumenical with apostates? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(Not my opinion)
Old 06-15-2023, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire Russia hoax was spearheaded by a known fraudent source, they knew it was bogus. They knew it was started and funded by Hillary. You sourcing the DoJ as clearing themselves is laughable.

“After extensive research the United Agency of Fox has found no evidence that a fox was involved in the breaking and entering into the chicken coop and ravaging the chickens.”
Facebook feeds, blue bird echo chambers and extreme right radio hosts use alternative facts. I suggest being careful.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Facebook feeds, blue bird echo chambers and extreme right radio hosts use alternative facts. I suggest being careful.
Right. The two “impeachments” were warranted and backed by facts.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate-speech is an ill-defined term. Definitions are supposed to be precise and specific, not full of a bunch of "and\or's". I would agree that running around hurling slurs is totally useless and that type of thing deserves to be banned. But that is hardly the only thing people consider "hateful" enough to ban.

I'd love for somebody to simply post an example of a sentence that is critical of, say, trans ideology, but wouldn't be considered "hate speech" by a typical activist. I'd argue it literally can't be done.

The problem with the term is that it's extremely elastic and can include nearly any opinion that is divergent at all. It ends up functioning as a defacto means of just shutting up anyone you don't like, while also allowing the censor to say "Hey I support free speech, but not hate speech!". Such a person has never read a history book, I'd argue.

This is an interesting point for me. I've had a lot of productive conversations with "the other side" politically and we always end up agreeing that if you don't like or agree with something, the answer is generally to not do it, not to go into others' homes and tell them what to do or not.

So I'm inclined to define hate speech as "THEY <bad things>" implying all of "them" are the same, less human and complicated, and bad. Non-hate speech that's critical would therefor be "I don't do x or y myself because of how this issue exists in my life". Before this gets interpreted as "all hate speech is the same", there's different strengths of hate speech of course, an authority figure or famous person saying something about THEM is going to have more (negative) impact than that racist homeless man saying the same
thing.

Our legal structure is allergic to context though so that probably is too nuanced an understanding to not be abused in a court of law
Old 06-15-2023, 12:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the things the federal govt does are in service to the continued economic and military extraction from poorer countries to the US and its allies, and from poorer people in the US to big business interests and their allies. If you're believing either major party OR any "real" news source at face value, you are missing the whole function of the structure. It doesn't care about justice, human rights, quality of life, or anything like that ... it cares about protecting itself from threat. Trumps clownery and clumsiness just became to much of a threat for the business and military interests behind the throne is all that's happened. Don't get wrapped up in the puppet show, we're not a real democracy.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Or wait for it the corruption by Trump even before his presidency mounted and he only has himself to blame.

Defending his or the GOP antics at this point screams aspects of desperation.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All the things the federal govt does are in service to the continued economic and military extraction from poorer countries to the US and its allies, and from poorer people in the US to big business interests and their allies. If you're believing either major party OR any "real" news source at face value, you are missing the whole function of the structure. It doesn't care about justice, human rights, quality of life, or anything like that ... it cares about protecting itself from threat. Trumps clownery and clumsiness just became to much of a threat for the business and military interests behind the throne is all that's happened. Don't get wrapped up in the puppet show, we're not a real democracy.
I’m in full agreement.

I do believe Trump was an outsider that was disruptive to the status quo. Which is why we’ve gone through the years of complete media manipulation. Russia Hoax, Ukraine Hoax, Covid Hoax, Election Hoax, Ukraine hoax 2.0, now we’re onto Trump indictment hoax.
Old 06-15-2023, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
He did obstruct Congress.
Old 06-15-2023, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I’m in full agreement.

I do believe Trump was an outsider that was disruptive to the status quo. Which is why we’ve gone through the years of complete media manipulation. Russia Hoax, Ukraine Hoax, Covid Hoax, Election Hoax, Ukraine hoax 2.0, now we’re onto Trump indictment hoax.
Denial is the first step.
Closed Thread