Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:34 PM
Fire Giant

I'm done with the Aviaks I think. Hit 53 on them but it was a bit of a chore, especially without a lumi staff (was wasting mana killing lightfoots, which were lightblue).

I think the safest bet is to grind some hill giants in Rathe Mountains, save up for a Lumi staff and then I'll hit the seafuries.

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 11-18-2013, 12:31 AM
Sarnak

53 is plenty to hit seafuries i think? i've never been there but wiki says they are level 40
Old 11-18-2013, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

I imagine so, but they are HP heavy, so I'm going to try to get the pp together to buy a lumi staff.

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 11-18-2013, 09:40 PM
Sarnak

Oh, I assumed you meant you would be root/rotting them. Finding 4 to quad will be tough from what i've heard.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:11 PM
Fire Giant

Oh, is it a bit like that there? Not that many spawns or always camped?

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 11-21-2013, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

hey I've been a little slacking in responding to these posts.

Unfortunately my guide is a little off now that the server population has changed. But yeah seafuries are quad-able especially w/ lumi staff (since they have a lot of HP) but they are typically overcamped so very difficult to quad now days.

In the past it was possible to quad or get three at a time if there were a few people on the island. now it's borderline impossible the few times I've checked.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Hi Mef; yeah, I've been quadding them with the help of the lumi. For those around level 52/53, it's still doable without the staff but you'll need to break inbetween for medding. It's not as camped during offpeak but the place only needs a couple of other players for it to become over the top.

Frankly the way I see it; it's the same as any other camp. If you go there and there's a druid/wiz/mag quadding ,then let them quad, they were there first. That and generally speaking they'll have plenty of downtime to med. The amount of stealing going on there has seemed to increase. I don't understand why people treat this place different than any other camp.

P99 - Blue
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Old 01-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Orc

Great guide Mef, thank you. As someone who started fresh after about 10 years away from EQ it has helped a ton.

It's been smooth sailing till now, I'm running into resist (dd) and spells wearing off quickly (root/charm) issues at lev 32. I'm fighting giants in the Frontier Mountains and mobs in The Overthere that con blue. Are there any steps I can take to lower the resist chance or make these spells stick longer, or is it all random?

Thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmoke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great guide Mef, thank you. As someone who started fresh after about 10 years away from EQ it has helped a ton.

It's been smooth sailing till now, I'm running into resist (dd) and spells wearing off quickly (root/charm) issues at lev 32. I'm fighting giants in the Frontier Mountains and mobs in The Overthere that con blue. Are there any steps I can take to lower the resist chance or make these spells stick longer, or is it all random?

Thanks
It all depends on monster level. If you hunt monsters that are LOW dark blues (i.e. close to light blue but not light blue), you should not have a lot of resists or early breaks. If you hunt monsters that are HIGH dark blue (close to even con), you'll run into a lot of issues. The most important thing for any solo caster is to always hunt monsters as low dark blue as possible.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-08-2014, 01:20 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It all depends on monster level. If you hunt monsters that are LOW dark blues (i.e. close to light blue but not light blue), you should not have a lot of resists or early breaks. If you hunt monsters that are HIGH dark blue (close to even con), you'll run into a lot of issues. The most important thing for any solo caster is to always hunt monsters as low dark blue as possible.
Got it. Thanks for the reply.
Closed Thread