Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Aviak

Bump for an older post.

Also, for evil shamans, in the level 30ish range you can go kill halfling guards in Misty Thicket. They drop about 11pp per kill (They drop a SPEAR every kill which is 10pp to a vendor) I say bind yourself in HHK at the neutral vendor, and when your bags are full just gate, sell then run back!

Just need to watch out for that lil halfling druid lady who likes to give everyone nearby SoW + Thorns.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

A great 50+ spot are dwarves in Kaladim. There are about 12 spawns in total jus inside the zone line which can be split easily.

Bind at the Druid rings and gate back after each pass. Although you'll need epic to do this it is not uncommon to hit between 250p/350p an hour here depending on your luck with FS. Definitely doable at 51 with epic.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-13-2013, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A great 50+ spot are dwarves in Kaladim. There are about 12 spawns in total jus inside the zone line which can be split easily.

Bind at the Druid rings and gate back after each pass. Although you'll need epic to do this it is not uncommon to hit between 250p/350p an hour here depending on your luck with FS. Definitely doable at 51 with epic.
Freeport guards and Kelethin guards are also definitely on the hit list. Freeport ones are often camped but drop some nice loot packages.

Kelethin guards are easy to get singles and will not agro lift guards from below.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 12-13-2013, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarinaEQ1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one have the same for good barbariab shaman ?
Still working on this one but here it is!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...WS6jwybZiuDeKo

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

If you're a troll or iksar that worships cazic I recommend killing guards in Eruding somewhere for a couple hours sometime within the 35-38 range (so you can get exp off them) then go do the Initiate symbol of cazic quest. You can then fear kite spectres and spectral keepers in TT for pretty good exp until 53. Also a good item in dungeons v. undead caster mobs if you're creative.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:35 PM
Aviak

Does that necklace still work Lojik? I thought the diety necklaces were bugged currently. Either way! Also, I didn't mention it, but I believe Misty Thicket has a fairly large ZEM with it being a newbie zone. Go forth and slay halflings my brothers!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Large Bat

I just did 29-35 on the treants in SK and then Qeynos guards in NK. Now that I'm 35 I found the guards to be too slow, would take 2 or sometimes all 3 guards to get 1% of exp.

I decided to pack things up and eventually ended up in West Freeport killing guards. Staying safe near the NFP zone line, there are a couple guards that are blue cons, some that are even and yellow, and one that is red besides the gate guards.
For my style of killing (sometimes I have to afk for extended periods of time) I'm enjoying this and feel like the exp will move faster. Good FS drops, dented helmets if I ever get to turn them in, and NFP guard + priest of marr faction so I can bank in NFP eventually.

Currently caught in a weird spot where I am conning threateningly to both NFP and WFP guards, but that will be fixed soon...

just another option to add to the list, but also keep in mind that my shaman is pretty twinked. I have fungi staff + tunic and a GFG. I pull with slow, start melee and doge, cripple, and if it's a tough mob I'll throw a dot on.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamphunk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does that necklace still work Lojik? I thought the diety necklaces were bugged currently. Either way! Also, I didn't mention it, but I believe Misty Thicket has a fairly large ZEM with it being a newbie zone. Go forth and slay halflings my brothers!
Think the only one that was bugged was the innoruuk one (dunno if it works now.) Cazic one works fine.
Old 12-21-2013, 02:08 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still working on this one but here it is!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...WS6jwybZiuDeKo

Regards,
Mg
Just curious what kind of gear you were working with to kite the mammoth calves at level 9. I'm completely untwinked (just found out about p99 recently) and I'm not sure how to do go about doing this. I only have 200ish mana and that's gone so quick. If Im lucky and dont get a resist that I can the calf down to 50-60%.

It does seem that I could eventually kill it with natural mana regen and refreshing the DoT, but SoW eventually runs out and then its gg. Is this more for geared characters?

EDIT: Well, I managed to kill one after more than half hour of kiting. I got a technique down which times the server meditate ticks, but it has been unreliable if the server/my connection is lagging. It'll either work perfectly, or it'll show me getting the mana from the tick and then when I stand back up it takes it away. At least I know its doable.
Last edited by Oblivion; 12-21-2013 at 03:55 AM..
Old 12-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

I did 9 through 24 (yeah, 24) turning in gnoll fangs from blackburrow on my barb shm. The light blue and green cons die so fast. Doing the same on my gnome cleric atm. Got 5% per fang at lvl 13 (like 11% at 9), when most of the gnolls are green or LB.

Dot kiting sucks with the reduced tick dmg.